Android Developer (m/f/x)
- Full-time employee
XING provides advice and support to its more than 18 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Android Developer (m/f/x)
XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world.
Help us shape our Valencian future – for a better working life!
For our Engineering Office in Valencia, we are looking for an Android Developer.
We already work with more than 300 highly skilled, deeply motivated and dedicated engineers and product developers throughout 5 locations in Europe, including Barcelona and Porto – and we have discovered the same amazing mindset in Valencia! Apart from the terrific location, this is more than enough reason to expand our technology footprint. Join our fast growing cross-functional and international teams in Valencia and have an impact on new products for XING.
A challenging task
- You will work in a cross-functional, professional, distributed team of backend, React/iOS/Android/QA engineers, designers and product owners in a highly dynamic and agile development environment.
- You will be part of the overall XING community of Android developers, sharing best practices, knowledge, and code to the main XING application.
- You will be working with your fellow backend engineers to shape the APIs, design GraphQL schemas when needed.
- You will be contributing to the XING design system components.
A convincing background
- You have a test-driven development mindset, and strive for building testable, predictable and simple code.
- You have experience in Java and preferably in Kotlin and have been building Android applications.
- Ideally, you have been applying important aspects of functional programming concepts (immutability, higher order functions, to name a few) in your daily practices or are curious about learning those.
- You are comfortable working in distributed team setups.
- You're into agile methodologies and enjoy working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge.
- You are a team player in a feedback appreciated environment; you know your qualities, share them with your team and are happy to further develop yourself.
- You have a positive mindset and the people skills to work with fellow engineers as well as other stakeholders from other disciplines.
- You get things done, have a positive mindset, and are known as a motivated team player with good communication skills in English.
- You have a good sense of humor, an unpretentiousness and humbleness towards other people.
- You are culturally open – XING employees come from more than 30 different countries that bring their collective experiences and culture to work every day. We value each and every person for who they are.
- It is nice to have, if you have published your own app, contributed to an open source project, spoke at a conference and/or published blog posts. If so, please include those in your application.
An inspiring environment
Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow, a great, multicultural and diverse environment, regular innovation weeks, flexible working hours and some days “work from home”, restaurant tickets, fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and much more, English/ German lessons, a mobile device of your choice as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…), extended holidays, competitive salary and a permanent contract, large, highly distributed platform with over 18 million users, a variety of technologies and languages: Ruby on Rails, Elixir, Go, Scala, Elasticsearch, GraphQL, Java, ReactJS, Cassandra, Hadoop, MySQL, Swift, Kotlin…
If you have any questions please let us know!