Data DevOps Engineer (f/m/x)
- Full-time employee
XING provides advice and support to its more than 18 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Data DevOps Engineer (f/m/x)
XING is the social network for business professionals with more than 18 million members all over the world.
Help us shape our Valencian future – for a better working life!
We already work with more than 300 dedicated engineers and product developers throughout 6 locations in Europe, including Barcelona and Porto – and we have discovered the same amazing mindset in Valencia! Apart from the terrific location, this is more than enough reason to expand our technology footprint. Join our fast growing cross-functional and international teams in Valencia and have an impact on new products for XING.
XING is looking to welcome a Data DevOps Engineer to join our highly skilled and motivated Data Infrastructure Services team. The team ensures effective performance of our data platform, consisting of Hadoop, Kafka and Cassandra environments, as well as hundreds of MySQL instances.
As part of the team, you focus on providing the best data experience to data-driven teams within the NWSE group.
A challenging task
- Ensure the availability, scalability and efficiency of our database and big data systems
- Design, develop and integrate features, tooling, automation and components into our data platform
- Consult and collaborate with data-related teams to support the efficient integration of data-driven services into our data platform
- 24x7 operation: maintain, troubleshoot and monitor our core data platform
- Participate in our on-call rotation
A convincing background
- BSc or higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent System or Software Engineering experience
- 2-5+ years of professional experience in the field of Data(Ops) Engineering, DevOps or Software Engineering
- Skills in any programming language (e.g. Scala, Java, Ruby or Python)
- Working knowledge of Linux operations, including automation, troubleshooting and monitoring (e.g. Kubernetes / Docker / Ansible / Prometheus / Grafana)
- Experience in working with at least one of these technologies: Hadoop (Oozie / Hive), Cassandra, MySQL, Kafka, Spark or Airflow
- Know-how with relevant AWS services is a plus
- A positive mindset and the social skills to work in a highly international and distributed setup, and desire to learn and share your knowledge
- Proficient English language skills
- Passion for data infrastructure
An inspiring environment
- Innovation weeks
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
- Flexible working hours and remote flexibility
- Restaurant tickets, coffee and snacks
- Spanish / English/ German lessons.
- Mobile device (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets/Pension
- Extended holidays (26+4+2)
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Relocation pack if needed.
Check our Twitter account! https://twitter.com/NewWork_es
We contribute into open source https://github.com/xing and let the world know what we are doing (https://devblog.xing.com) and organize public user groups and coding events. Check out our XING engineering blog at https://tech.xing.com/
Not the right job for you? Don’t worry! You’re more than welcome to send us an unsolicited application!
If you have any questions please let us know!