DevOps Engineer (f/m/x)
- Full-time employee
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO SPEND IT AT THE WRONG COMPANY
With over 4,2 million reviews across 950,000 companies, kununu has become Europe's leading employer review platform.
You will be working in an international, purpose driven environment as part of a highly motivated, multicultural, talented and growing team to help build and optimize our data-driven products, based on a state-of-the-art tech stack. Just to crunch some numbers: Our AWS production environment handles 30 micro-services, queue readers, and RDS (databases) and we set up a Kubernetes environment from scratch with less than 5 security findings per year.
Corona does not stop us from hiring and onboarding great talent to kununu. We’ve switched into a fully remote working setup for the time being, and we are driving forward our business with full steam.
A CHALLENGING TASK
- As part of our agile engineering crew, you will be in charge to design, develop and maintain our platform kununu.com as well as for troubleshooting and improving the CI/CD to a high available and performant service.
- You will be working closely together with your teammates in Vienna and Porto in order to develop a common strategy for the best possible product quality across the company.
- You will support our services before they go live through system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, and capacity planning.
- You will build and manage the cloud server infrastructure for development and production environments in a state-of-the-art technology (e.g. using kubernetes).
- You will collaborate with our international Dev teams in Vienna and Porto to ensure continuous integration and delivery.
- You monitor the system performance as well as the infrastructure and come up with data-based recommendations regarding new tools and systems.
- You are responsible for the planning and successful implementation of new technology.
A CONVINCING BACKGROUND
- You have already worked as a DevOps Engineer and/or SRE for at least 3 years, ideally in an agile dev environment.
- You bring experience out of complex architectures to the table and already have some knowledge about migrating former features into new ones, while maintain infrastructure operational.
- You are familiar with continuous integration & deployment tools and techniques (we are working with Jenkins).
- You have worked with Docker, Kubernetes and virtual machines (VMware, VirtualBox).
- You know your way around cloud-based deployments like AWS and Google Cloud as well as configuration management systems (Chef, Puppet, Terraform).
- You are a dedicated problem solver with very good interpersonal skills – for us this means the ability to collaborate (remotely with colleagues in another location) and team-up to develop the next generation of the infrastructure and tailored solutions.
- You are familiar with Linux, Scrum and Agile methodologies. Furthermore, you possess good knowledge on Shell scripting, Python and Go.
- You stand out for your proven pro-activeness in previous projects, your eagerness to learn and share your knowledge as well as for your goal-driven mindset.
AN INSPIRING ENVIRONMENT
- We believe that life is too short to spend it at the wrong company and we know, that hard work is a lot more fun with smart co-workers. That’s why we want to empower people to choose the right place to work and aim to create a better workplace for all. In this role, you will contribute to this purpose by maintaining and improving the security gates on kununu’s infrastructure.
- With us, you work in a fast-paced, data & technology-driven environment that is unified by its purpose and hunger to grow: We aim to create a better workplace for all and launched two new features last year, while collecting more than 1 Mio. workplace insights over the last 2 years.
- At kununu, we are proud to work with a state-of-the-art tech stack and offer flexible working hours. Home office opportunities? Yes, of course.
- In order for you to grow personally, we offer you a variety of training options including conference passes, continuous personal feedback, and also three hack weeks per year to give you time to explore new trends and technologies.
- kununu is not just a great place to work - it’s a mindset. We give a damn about our employees and offer numerous benefits like 25 days of vacation per year + 2 days off (Christmas eve and New Year’s eve), a highly modern office setup, organic fruits, free coffee & drinks - just to name a few. Want to bring your dog to the office? No problem at kununu.