Frontend Developer (React)
- Full-time employee
- Manager (Manager/Supervisor)
XING provides advice and support to its more than 16 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Frontend Developer (React)
For years XING has been one of the leading companies in building user-oriented digital products thanks to an organisation that embraces agile methods in and beyond the cross-functional product development teams. In our Barcelona office, we are looking for passionate developers to be part of our engineering team. You will be part of the XING Events business unit, that is also located in Munich, Germany. We are responsible for the events and communities part of the XING social network. You will work on existing and new products that engage users to communicate offline and online.
A challenging task
- You will be part of a cross-functional team of backend, frontend, designers and product owners.
- You will build front end solutions using React/GraphQL.
- You will contribute to the development of our internal design systems and tools.
- You will optimize for mobile devices, browser performance and create cross-browser compatible solutions.
- You will mentor your team members on best practices for front end development.
A convincing background
- You have experience with ES2016+ and asynchronous programming concepts.
- You have been building solutions using React for a while and have a deep understanding of the inner-workings of the technology.
- You have deep knowledge in frontend testing frameworks such as Jest, enzyme or react-testing-library.
- You are able to do blindfolded semantic HTML, modern and pixel perfect CSS.
- Experience with CSS-in-JS is also a plus (styled-components, emotion, JSS…).
- You are familiar with the principles of a high-performance, optimized, responsive mobile website.
- Familiarity and experience with GraphQL / Apollo is a plus.
- You are generally very curious about new technologies and always try to keep up-to-date.
- You enjoy working in agile teams with a focus on sharing knowledge with your colleagues sitting next to you or on the other side of Europe.
- You pay attention to detail without losing sight of the goal, have a sense of ownership and pride in the quality of your work.
- You are capable of analysing each problem independently and choosing the solution that adjusts better to it and not overcomplicating things.
- You are eager to work in a multicultural environment.
- You are fluent in English
An inspiring environment
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- Regular innovation weeks
- Flexible working hours and some days “work from home”
- Restaurant tickets, fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and much more.
- Spanish / German lessons.
- A mobile device of your choice as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A sunny office located in the center of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets
- Extended holidays
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Bicycle park and package reception
- Large, highly distributed platform with over 14 million users.
- A variety of technologies and languages: Ruby on Rails, Node, Java, Scala, Elasticsearch, REST, React, AMQP, Linux, Hadoop, Riak, MongoDB, MySQL, Solr, iOS, Android, Backbone.js, Git, Jenkins…
- Relocation pack if needed.
If you have any questions please let us know!