Frontend Engineer (m/f/x)
- Full-time employee
XING provides advice and support to its more than 16 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Frontend Engineer (m/f/x)
XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world. Help us shape the future of work – for a better working life!
As an expanding social network, with a focus on bringing value to our customers, the frontend is the visual interface between XING and its users. All of our frontend applications are using a tech stack that is based on React and an internally built open source framework called Hops, that enables in-browser and server side rendering including routing, state management and communication with our backends. For this we are leveraging either Redux or Apollo GraphQL.
XING is now looking to welcome a talented frontend engineer to join our 400 highly skilled, deeply motivated and dedicated engineers and product developers throughout our various locations in Europe (Hamburg, Barcelona, Valencia, Porto, etc.), sharing a healthy culture of learning from each other via pairing, communities of practice, joint hackweek projects etc.
A Challenging Task
- You’ll be creating and improving reusable components in our React based frontend stack
- You will be responsible for structure, maintainability and quality of your applications
- You have web performance in mind and drive this topic through tooling and consultancy
- You work closely together with your team of fellow developers, product owners, designers and QA engineers
- You collaborate with other teams in XING's frontend ecosystem
- You have the great opportunity to work in an international, cross-functional environment (communicating in English, German is not required).
A Convincing Background
- Knowledge or solid experience with the React library
- An eye for proportion and usability
- Experience in unit testing frontend applications
- You are a team player, used to work in agile environments
- You know your qualities, share them with your team and are happy to further develop yourself
- You can comprehensively communicate on a technical level and speak english fluently in written and spoken language
An Inspiring Environment
Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow, a great, multicultural and diverse environment, regular innovation weeks, flexible working hours and some days “work from home”, restaurant tickets, fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and much more, English/ German lessons, a mobile device of your choice as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…), extended holidays, competitive salary and a permanent contract, large, highly distributed platform with over 15 million users, a variety of technologies and languages: Perl, Ruby on Rails, Java, Scala, Elasticsearch, REST, React, AMQP, Linux, Hadoop, Riak, MongoDB, MySQL, Solr, iOS, Android, Backbone.js, Git, Jenkins…
Check out our XING engineering blog at https://tech.xing.com/
If you have any questions please let us know!