(Senior) NLP Data Engineer (m/f/x)
- Full-time employee
XING provides advice and support to its more than 18 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
(Senior) NLP Data Engineer (m/f/x)
XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world.
Help us shape our Valencian future – for a better working life!
For our new Engineering Office in Valencia, we are looking for a (Senior) NLP Data Engineer (m/f/x)
We already work with more than 500 highly skilled, deeply motivated and dedicated engineers and product developers throughout 5 locations in Europe, including Barcelona and Porto – and we have discovered the same amazing mindset in Valencia! Apart from the terrific location, this is more than enough reason to expand our technology footprint. Join our fast growing cross-functional and international teams in Valencia and have an impact on new products for New Work.
Our Data Science team is responsible for turning data into services and products for New Work SE. Around 25 Data scientists, architects and engineers work together to create highly scalable solutions which serve millions of users. We bring state-of-the-art algorithms into production by making use of technologies such as Hadoop (e.g. Hive, Spark), Akka, Kafka, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, etc. Learn more about our team at: https://bit.ly/data-science-team
At the moment, we are working intensively on projects related to text processing, building pipelines for automated machine learning and enhancing the value/utility of XING's data. Therefore, we are seeking an experienced Data Engineer who helps with the design and development of scalable components related to entity detection, topic modeling, etc., contributes to building an infrastructure for automated machine learning and implements advanced algorithms in our services which serve millions of requests per day. If you want to get things done rather than sit in meetings, and if you like helping others and learning from them, you will have fun in our team!
A challenging task
- Solve challenging problems in the context of real-time processing, NLP, machine learning, Big Data, distributed systems.
- Write scalable code for processing and analyzing large amounts of data and help designing new services and products.
- Contribute to the maintenance and development of the infrastructure supporting information extraction.
- Contribute to projects leveraging our self-maintained taxonomy of skills and professions to enhance data products critical to our users, together with our Data Scientists.
A convincing background
- BSc or higher degree in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics or equivalent Software Engineering experience
- At least 4 years of Software Engineering experience
- Good programming skills in Scala, Java or Python
- Experience in working with NLP frameworks like NLTK, Stanford CoreNLP, Spacy or alike
- Practical knowledge of techniques such as word2vec, GloVe, and foundational NLP techniques such as tokenization, POS tagging, named entity recognition, entity linking and grammatical parsing
- Knowledge and experience in implementing scalable software and data-driven services which processes large datasets, using search technologies (e.g., Elasticsearch, Solr, etc.), Big Data technologies (e.g., Spark, Hadoop, etc.), data storages (e.g. relational databases, key-value stores) or related data processing technologies (e.g. Kafka, Akka, Play, etc.)
- Experience in the domain of machine learning is a plus
- Proficient English language skills (German is not required)
- A positive mindset and the social skills to work in a highly international and distributed setup, and desire to learn and share your knowledge with your Community of Practice.
Please, send your application in English. Thank you
An inspiring environment
For this position, working remotely is also an option (depending on your experience in working remotely)
Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow, a great, multicultural and diverse environment, regular innovation weeks, flexible working hours, restaurant card, fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and much more, English/ German lessons, a mobile device of your choice as well, for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…), extended holiday package, competitive salary and a permanent contract, large, highly distributed platform with over 16 million users, a variety of technologies and languages: Ruby on Rails, Elixir, Go, Scala, Elasticsearch, GraphQL, Java, ReactJS, Cassandra, Hadoop, MySQL, Swift, Kotlin…
Check out our XING engineering blog at https://tech.xing.com/
If you have any questions please let us know!