Senior Software Engineer - Android
- Full-time employee
XING provides advice and support to its more than 16 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Senior Mobile Engineer - Android
At XING Events located in Munich and Barcelona we are responsible for the events and communities part of the XING social network. Our goal is to create valuable experiences for our users by engaging with other users, either in an offline event or meeting, or in one of our many online communities. For that we are offering e.g. the events market (xing.com/events), the communities (xing.com/communities) and also an online event ticketing solution (en.xing-events.com/our-services/ticketing). Always keeping our vision in mind: “For people moments that matter”. In our Barcelona office, we are looking for an experienced and passionate Android developer to be part of a new engineering team. Within the XING Android app, you will work on existing and new products that engage users to communicate offline and online.
A challenging task
- This is a hands-on position: you'll help develop, integrate, maintain and monitor exciting new features in our apps. This will enable you to get to know our platform and further develop your technical skills
- You'll ensure the delivery of high-quality software by writing clean code and doing pair programming, unit testing, UI automation, code reviews, etc.
- You'll help us improve our development and delivery process and influence the technical direction of the team. You'll also have ample opportunity to impress us with your ideas
- In preparing the Android app releases, you'll cooperate with other agile teams that also contribute to delivering the latest updates to an increasing number of users
A convincing background
- You have been working on different native Android applications for several years and command a profound knowledge of the Android SDK and with Android SDK tools
- You’ve gained API experience with HTTP, REST and JSON
- You have developed a good understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Working with general software development patterns, clean code and architecture comes naturally to you
- You are familiar with RxJava, Dagger2, Room, Git, Gradle, Jenkins
- Testing is important to you. You are familiar with testing frameworks (for example JUnit, Calabash, Espresso, Spoon)
- You are constantly evolving with the technology trends, and willing to embrace change
- You are familiar with agile methodologies and enjoy working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge with other experts
- You communicate fluently in English
- Ideally you already published a great app, contributed to an open source project, spoke at a conference and/or published articles
An inspiring environment
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- Regular innovation weeks
- Flexible working hours and some days “work from home”
- Restaurant tickets, fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and much more.
- Spanish / English / German lessons.
- A mobile device of your choice as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets
- Extended holidays
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Bicycle park and package reception
- Large, highly distributed platform with over 16 million users.
If you have any questions please let us know!