Software Engineer (m/w/x)
- Full-time employee
New Work SE – for a better working life
We believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential. NEW WORK SE offers a wide range of brands, products and services for a better working life. This not only makes individuals more satisfied and happier, it also makes companies more successful.
Software Engineer (m/w/x)
XING, a New Work SE subsidiary, is the leading online business network in German-speaking countries and supports its 16.5 million members in working in line with their way of life and individual preferences. Professionals from every industry connect with one another, look and apply for jobs, and seek inspiration about the latest trends in the world of work. Thanks to the broad news portfolio, XING members can keep their finger on the pulse and discuss the latest developments.
The Development and Test environments team at XING provides infrastructure components for their engineers to develop the XING platform effectively, efficiently and with a great developer experience. The key component allows engineers to spawn an isolated test environment via a simple to use UI or API which then runs the dozens of different XING platform micro-services on Kubernetes.
Join us in finding innovative solutions to technically interesting challenges!
A challenging task
- Review and optimise our existing software and development infrastructure
- Innovate new tools and processes to increase engineers' productivity
- Evaluate and recommend new technology to improve the existing ecosystem
- Execute migration projects and assume responsibility for their success
- Improve and maintain existing application code
- Support engineers that use our infrastructure
- Work with cutting edge technologies including Elixir and Kubernetes
A convincing background
- You are proficient in at least one backend programming language, ideally Elixir.
- You have experience in container technologies e.g. Docker, Kubernetes
- You are familiar with scripting and Linux
- You have experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
- You are passionate about solving challenging problems
- You are into pair programming and agile methodologies
- You enjoy providing support to engineers and can clearly communicate on a technical level in English.
An inspiring environment
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 16 million users.
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas await you.
- Innovation/hack weeks every few months where you can unleash your creativity and ideas.
- Annual conference allowances, regular trainings, meetups and brownbag lunches throughout the year, as well as the opportunity to speak at conferences - we'll support you where we can
- Health Insurance
- An Employee Assistance Program to help you with all kinds of personal topics, to ensure you have the support for a better working life
- 25 days of vacation per year + 2 days off (Christmas eve and New Year’s eve)
- A multicultural environment with employees from all over the world, who have various technology backgrounds
- Free breakfast, fruit, drinks, snacks and much more.
- English, German and Portuguese lessons.
- A mobile device for your private use (iPhone, iPad, Android, you choose!).
- Competitive salary.
We contribute into open source (https://github.com/xing) and let the world know what we are doing (https://devblog.xing.com) and organize public user groups and coding events. Check out our XING engineering blog at https://tech.xing.com/.
Your turn: If you think this position is right for you and that you can help us make XING big in Porto, we’d be delighted to talk to you. Simply apply below!
Not the right job for you? Don’t worry! You’re more than welcome to send us an unsolicited application!
If you have any questions please let us know!