Team Lead Business Analytics (m/f/x)
- Full-time employee
- Executive (VP, SVP, etc.)
New Work SE – for a better working life
We believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential. NEW WORK SE offers a wide range of brands, products and services for a better working life. This not only makes individuals more satisfied and happier, it also makes companies more successful.
Team Lead Business Analytics (m/f/x)
XING, a New Work SE subsidiary, is the leading online business network in German-speaking countries and supports its 16.5 million members in working in line with their way of life and individual preferences. Professionals from every industry connect with one another, look and apply for jobs, and seek inspiration about the latest trends in the world of work. Thanks to the broad news portfolio, XING members can keep their finger on the pulse and discuss the latest developments.
Do you love to tackle complex scenarios? Are you motivated by having access to a wide range of data sources to foster a thorough understanding of our users? Are you keen to lead a
business/product analytics team and to act as a key sparring partner and point of contact for our product, marketing and business teams? If you answered yes to all those questions, we want to hear from you!
A challenging task
- Overview: You see the big picture, putting you in an ideal position to align your team and
achieve maximum effectiveness in developing the core value propositions of our professional
social network (people, news and jobs).
- Steering & development: As a team lead you’ll assume responsibility for your team from a
disciplinary perspective. Currently consisting of 6 analysts and several working students, you’ll
grow your team while also ensuring they receive further training opportunities to enhance their
individual skill set.
- Project management: You’ll head projects, but will also act as a key sparring partner for the
team’s business analysts.
- Driving impact: You and your team will use analyses as a basis for issuing recommendations
and then acting on them with the product development and marketing teams. As a member of
the business unit’s management team, you’ll act as a sparring partner when taking decisions
and developing a strategy based on insights.
- Stakeholder management: You’ll act as a go-between for the business analytics team and
other departments to ascertain and coordinate the given requirements. You’ll also ensure
alignment among your analysts and the other analytics and data teams at XING.
A convincing background
- You have a (Master’s) degree in economics, social sciences, mathematics or IT with a clear
analytical and business focus.
- You already have several years of experience in reporting, visualisation and multivariate
statistics as well as a keen interest in modern machine learning methods.
- You already have experience with relevant tools (R, Python, etc.) and large quantities of data
as well as very good SQL skills
- You have several years of leadership experience.
- You’re astute, highly analytical, able to join the dots, and can combine this with conceptual
- You’re able to analyse complex scenarios and large quantities of data, while also being able to
present them to others in a coherent manner.
- Fluent English is required. German language skills would be of benefit.
An inspiring environment
New Work SE offers a dynamic environment. As well as flexible working hours, you’ll have an opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones. We offer a wide range of training courses in addition to German, English and Spanish lessons, regular team and offsite events, and lots of fun. We also provide free drinks and organic fruit as well as a ProfiTicket public transport ticket, restaurant vouchers and travel insurance. And let’s not forget the smartphone or iPad that you can use privately. You’ll also be provided with a high-end MacBook Pro, and our offices have table football tables. If you’re feeling really sporty, we also have great gym deals, and various other benefits...
If you have any questions please let us know!