UX Engineer (m/f/d)
- Full-time employee
XING provides advice and support to its more than 16 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
UX Engineer (m/f/x)
We are looking for a UX Engineer (UX/UI Design & Front End) for our XING E-Recruiting tool (B2B).
As a member of the E-Recruiting UX Team, you will be part of a creative and talented team of designers, copywriters and researchers distributed across our Hamburg and Barcelona offices. You will be a key player in defining E-Recruiting products such as the XING Job Board, XING ReferralManager and our active sourcing tool: XING TalentManager.
We work as a team with product owners and developers to craft a product that delivers real value to our users. We explore new opportunities, technologies, design methods and services and continuously test and optimize our products.
A challenging task
- You will be part of a cross-functional team of backend, frontend, designers and product owners.
- You will help facilitate collaboration and communication between design and engineering.
- You will conceptualize and design cross-platform features and components for our E-Recruiting products.
- You will contribute to the development of our internal design system and tools.
- Responsible for designing UI solutions working together with UX, product and engineering being a UX advocate.
- Responsible for developing mockups, fully functional prototypes and tested front-end code.
- Apply user-centric thinking to come up with solutions that our users will love.
- Continuously challenge the status quo and suggest optimizations.
- Work collaboratively within a cross-functional team to solve complex challenges.
- Communicate proactively with colleagues both, in Barcelona and Hamburg.
A convincing background
- At least 3 years of screen design experience with consumer-facing products.
- Deep knowledge of UX/UI design principles with skill-set of a Front-end Engineer.
- Deep knowledge of web technologies such as semantic HTML, modern CSS and JS (React).
- Experience working on building Design Systems.
- Deep understanding of user-centered design, user interfaces, responsive design and usability.
- Knowledge of relevant design applications such as Sketch, Figma, Abstract, Invision...
- Experience or familiarity with agile teams and agile development.
- Ability to effectively communicate and solve conflicts on a win-win basis.
- You are generally very curious about new technologies and always try to keep up-to-date.
- Fluency in English is a must as it’s the company’s official language.
- Projects/portfolio or Github account featuring examples of user interface work.
An inspiring environment
- XING offers a dynamic environment, as well as flexible working hours, you'll have an opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones.
- Work from home possibility.
- Extended holidays.
- We do three times a year a one-week long hackathon!!
- Restaurant tickets, fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and much more. A mobile device of your choice as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A sunny office located in the center of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
We're an Open Source contributor (https://github.com/xing) and we also organize public user groups and coding events, such as Ruby on Rails and other Tech Meetups.
Check our Twitter account! https://twitter.com/xing_esp
If you have any questions please let us know!