Backend Engineer - PHP (m/f/x)
- Full-time employee
Backend Engineer - PHP (m/f/d)
Prescreen develops a cloud-based e-recruiting solution that we sell as SaaS to companies of all sizes. We do that from the heart of Europe - Vienna, Austria. Prescreen was founded in 2014; since then, our team has been working with recruiting departments worldwide to make recruiting more manageable and improve the candidate experience.
Since 2017 we are part of the NEW WORK SE (XING), the leading professional network in the German-speaking area. Together with XING, we see great potential to achieve our shared mission: enable companies to hire the best.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to help our team to grow and excel at what we do best: build applications that work.
A challenging task:
- You will design and develop sustainable, future-oriented solutions with our backend stack in our agile development team.
- You will skillfully and cleverly apply suitable technologies. You work closely together with your teammates, product owners and other stakeholders.
- You will bring in your knowledge and experience and are actively looking to make an impact on the product and the technical architecture.
- Your tasks include creating brand new features as well as maintaining and optimizing existing functionalities with a strong focus on performance, stability and usability.
- You will work in an awesome and professional cross-functional team within a highly dynamic and agile environment.
A convincing background:
- You have a proven background in software engineering with a focus on building robust and scalable backend systems in PHP.
- You have advanced knowledge of working with relational database systems (MySQL/MariaDB) as well as with Elasticsearch and Redis.
- You are comfortable working with MVC frameworks, Symfony being the one of choice.
- Other programming languages and front-end skills (Vue.js) are a nice plus.
- A good understanding of complex distributed environments.
- Automated testing, clean code and code coverage is just as important to you as production code.
- The motivation to learn and improve development processes.
- Willingness to coach and mentor other developers and vice versa.
- You're into agile methodologies and enjoy working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge.
- You get things done, have a positive mind-set, and are known as a motivated team player with good communication skills in English (German is a plus).
- You are culturally open. We value each and every person for who they are.
An inspiring environment:
- Settle in as a full-time employee in an organization, enabling companies to find the best matching candidates who love their profession.
- The chance to work on an product that is used and loved by over 3.000 companies in Europe.
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas await you.
- Real training and conferences.
- Benefit from a balanced work-life setup thanks to 30 days of vacation per year and a flexible working environment.
- Take the chance to grow your career within the New Work SE network. Choose the path that suits you best.
- Free fruit, coffee, monthly breakfast and much more.
- English and German lessons.
If this profile matches your expertise, experience and aspirations, we’d be delighted to receive your full application, including salary requirements and possible starting date.
For legal reasons we have to state that the minimal salary for this position is 45,000 Euro gross. Let’s talk about your salary expectations in person. We do pay a competitive salary based on your experience and skills.