DevOps Engineer (m/f/x)
- Full-time employee
New Work SE – for a better working life
We believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential. New Work SE offers a wide range of brands, products and services for a better working life. This not only makes individuals more satisfied and happier, it also makes companies more successful.
Wherever you’re from, whatever your beliefs, and whomever you love - you’re always welcome at NEW WORK. We’re proud of our commitment to diversity because it makes us more creative and more productive. What counts is you as a person.
DevOps Engineer (m/f/x) - Linux
New Work SE is looking to welcome a System Engineer to join our highly skilled and motivated Platform Services team, which is part of the Site Operations department. The team ensures the effective performance of our Kubernetes infrastructure, multiple systems supporting our DevOps environments (GitHub, Grafana, Graylog, just to name a few) in our server infrastructure with more than 2.000 linux virtual machines. The team works closely with our System
Architects and the other teams, to ensure stability of the entire platform but also support the more than 600 software engineers in their daily lives.
You can look forward to:
- You have an infrastructure as code mindset.
- You design, develop and integrate features & automation for our platform.
- You ensure the scalability and efficiency of our platform with modern tools and standards.
- You support teams to integrate services into our platform.
- You maintain, troubleshoot and monitor our platform.
- You take part in our 24/7 on-call rotation.
What we are looking for:
- A passion for scaling systems and infrastructure.
- 2-5+ years of professional experience in the field of DevOps or Software
- Working knowledge of Linux operations, including automation, troubleshooting and monitoring.
- Basic skills and interest to grow in one programming language (e.g. Ruby, Go).
- Experience with cloud vendors like AWS or GCS.
- Experience in working with one of these technologies is a plus: Kubernetes, Terraform, Redis, Ansible, Elasticsearch.
- A positive mindset plus the desire to learn and share your knowledge.
- Proficient English language skills.
And what else:
Join us at our brand-new, innovative and dynamic office next to the River Elbe in Hamburg’s newest district, the Hafencity. Enjoy flexible working hours and the option to work up to 60% from mobile–office. Benefit from the many training and development opportunities, language courses and regular team events on offer. Take on an exciting role within a motivated and friendly team, coupled with the freedom you need to develop and share your own ideas. Quench your thirst with free drinks and excellent coffee, along with a canteen and a bar where you can meet up with colleagues. Train and meet new people by visiting the free gym. Get a smartphone or iPad you can also use privately. Explore the city of Hamburg in your free time with a subsidised HVV ProfiTicket. What’s not to like about all that?
If you have any questions please let us know!