Junior Software Engineer Backend (Ruby)
- Full-time employee
XING provides advice and support to its more than 19 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Ruby Software Engineer Backend (m/f/x)
XING is the leading online business network with 19 million members in German-speaking countries. Workers from every industry use XING to connect with one another, to look for jobs, new hires, projects, cooperation partners, expert advice and business ideas.
We're always looking to hear from engineers who love their craft to help us shape the future – for a better working life!
We have offices in various parts of Europe (Hamburg, Munich, Vienna, Barcelona, Porto and, more recently, Valencia).
XING employees come from more than 30 different countries and bring their collective experiences and culture to work every day. Some of us studied computer science, while others come from other fields or don't even have a degree-level qualification. The key common ingredient is a willingness to learn and grow.
For our Engineering Office in Valencia, we are looking for a Software Engineer Backend to support the growth of a consolidated team.
Join our fast growing cross-functional and international teams in Valencia and have an impact on new products for XING.
A challenging task
- You will work in an awesome and professional cross-functional team within a mature, highly dynamic and agile environment.
- Discuss and implement innovative solutions closely with your team and our business analysts as well as internal and external partners.
- Live the complete development cycle including writing automated tests, participating in code reviews and performing deployments.
- Work on scalable, high-availability services.
A convincing background
- You care about the craft of software development and strive to build testable, predictable and simple code
- You are able to write clean code in a Ruby on Rails environment
- You are willing to learn Elixir or other new languages and frameworks.
- You want to tackle the engineering challenges that come with building systems at scale (highly available, low latency and high throughput)
- You have a good sense of humour and keep calm in difficult situations
- You value transparency, honesty, and helping your team to grow
- You are proficient in English
An inspiring environment
- Innovation weeks
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
- Flexible working hours and remote flexibility
- Restaurant tickets, coffee and snacks
- Spanish / English/ German lessons.
- Mobile device (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets/Pension
- Extended holidays (26+4+2)
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Relocation pack if needed.
Check our Twitter account! https://twitter.com/NewWork_es
We contribute into open source https://github.com/xing and let the world know what we are doing (https://devblog.xing.com) and organize public user groups and coding events. Check out our XING engineering blog at https://tech.xing.com/
Not the right job for you? Don’t worry! You’re more than welcome to send us an unsolicited application!
If you have any questions please let us know!