Teamlead (m/f/x) Analytics
- Full-time employee
New Work SE – for a better working life
We believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential. New Work SE offers a wide range of brands, products and services for a better working life. This not only makes individuals more satisfied and happier, it also makes companies more successful.
Wherever you’re from, whatever your beliefs, and whomever you love - you’re always welcome at NEW WORK. We’re proud of our commitment to diversity because it makes us more creative and more productive. What counts is you as a person.
Teamlead (m/f/x) – Analytics
Our analytics team is fundamental to ensuring the company steers in the right direction and as such is responsible for defining success for our business and driving informed and substantiated decisions based on data. In this context we strive for close collaboration of all relevant decision makers. You will be responsible for 6 analysts and data scientists focusing on experimentation and data science analytics.
You can look forward to:
- Overview: You see the big picture, putting you in an ideal position to align your team and achieve effectiveness in developing the core value propositions of our professional social network.
- Steering & development: As a team lead you’ll assume responsibility for your team from a disciplinary perspective, currently consisting of 5 data scientists and analysts. You’ll be both a mentor and a role model for your team and develop them from a methodological and business-acumen standpoint. As part of the analytics leadership team you will support the development of the analytics roadmap and shape the analytics strategy of XING.
- Project management: You’ll head projects, but will also act as a key sparring partner for the team’s business analysts.
- Driving impact: You and your team will use analyses as a basis for issuing recommendations and then acting on them with the product development and marketing teams. As a member of the business unit’s management team, you’ll act as a sparring partner when taking decisions and developing a strategy based on insights.
- Stakeholder management: You’ll act as a go-between for the business analytics team and other departments to ascertain and coordinate the given requirements. You’ll also ensure alignment among your analysts and the other analytics and data teams at XING.
What we are looking for:
- You have a (Master’s) degree in economics, social sciences, mathematics or IT with a clear analytical and business focus.
- You already have several years of experience in reporting, visualization, A/B testing and multivariate statistics as well as a keen interest in modern machine learning methods.
- You already have experience with relevant tools (R, Python, etc.) and large quantities of data as well as very good SQL skills
- You have several years of leadership experience.
- You’re astute, highly analytical, able to connect the dots, and can combine this with conceptual thinking.
- You’re able to analyze complex scenarios and large quantities of data, while also being able to present them to others in a coherent manner.
- Fluent English is required. German language skills would be a benefit.
And what else:
Join us at our brand-new, innovative and dynamic office next to the River Elbe in Hamburg’s newest district, the Hafencity. Enjoy flexible working hours and the option to work up to 60% from mobile–office. Benefit from the many training and development opportunities, language courses and regular team events on offer. Take on an exciting role within a motivated and friendly team, coupled with the freedom you need to develop and share your own ideas. Quench your thirst with free drinks and excellent coffee, along with a canteen and a bar where you can meet up with colleagues. Train and meet new people by visiting the free gym. Get a smartphone or iPad you can also use privately. Explore the city of Hamburg in your free time with a subsidised HVV ProfiTicket. What’s not to like about all that?
If you have any questions please let us know!