Agile Coach / Scrum Master (m/f/x)
- Full-time employee
New Work SE - for a better working life
We believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential. This not only makes individuals more satisfied and happier, it also makes companies more successful.
Every single day, our ten prestigious brands, products and services help shape the future of work by focussing on people – For a better working life.Within the New Work SE and its subsidiaries, you will be part of an organisation with almost 500 amazing developers and a healthy learning culture that involves pair programming, different communities of practice, joint Hack week projects and more. While most of our products focus on the German speaking market, our development teams are collaborating from 6 offices across Europe. Our working culture is international, our working language English and you will find a technology-driven environment that enables you to grow professionally.
Agile Coach / Scrum Master (m/f/x)
XING Marketing Solutions is responsible for turning data into services and products. Data scientists, architects and developers across different units within New Work SE work together to create highly scalable solutions that serve about 18 million users. We work with the latest technologies in a highly international environment. Currently the Marketing Solutions unit develops and maintains a self-booking advertisement solution and implements exciting new advertising formats.
We are looking for an Agile Coach / Scrum Master (m/f/x) to join our amazing Product Development team. We are solving the real problems for the customers at the right time by developing the state of the art innovative products.
You’re thrilled? So are we!
A challenging task
As an Agile Coach / Scrum Master you will co-design a culture of collaboration, creativity and continuous improvement through empowering and supporting our great team. You coach our Product and Engineering Teams and you will work closely with the Director Engineering. You will also collaborate with various stakeholders on a variety of cross team projects and initiatives to shape the future of our growing product.
Your goal is to help the teams inspect, adapt and improve using evidence based data – you will help them to bring their changes to life and deliver value continuously and fast – by providing coaching, teaching and mentoring around Agile and Lean values, principles and practices using your communication skills and agile toolkit.
- Coaching & Mentoring: You help the team members to apply the Agile /Scrum framework throughout each project.
- Managing projects & Problem Solving: You manage project timelines and facilitate continuous improvement as a neutral moderator
- Spreading knowledge: Evangelize Agile mindset in the company
- Collaborating: Working with all stakeholders to ensure the transparency between teams
- Achieving common goals: Supporting the tech & business teams to set clear expectations and achieve our goals together
- Establishing routines and tools for evidence-based steering: Working with stakeholders and teams to agree relevant metrics for team productivity and user value, established required tooling for collecting and reporting data, working with teams to ensure reliable data quality for steering, establishing reports and routines for regular review of metrics and deriving insights for continuous improvement
A convincing background
To be successful in this role, you should have a deep understanding of Agile and Lean thinking, values and principles and its practical application:
- A degree in Computer Science or similar field (although a different but relevant background may be suitable)
- A proven expertise of 3+ years in Agile techniques and artifacts
- A Scrum Master certification is a plus
- Experienced in working as an Agile Coach or Scrum Master with high performing, cross-functional, self-organised Agile teams
- Extensive hands-on experience applying a variety of frameworks and methodologies such as Scrum, Kanban, DevOps and XP, and a track record of combining these approaches effectively
- An experience of teaching a wide range of Agile practices such as user story mapping, event storming, example mapping, CI/CD and slicing
- Strong coaching and facilitation skills
- Experienced in successfully coaching both engineering and product teams
- An insatiable appetite for continuous improvement and solving problems
- Comfortable in a rapidly evolving, ambiguous environment and able to know when to be pragmatic and when to stick to your guns!
- Fluent English skills are mandatory.
An inspiring environment
- Remote-friendly approach with options that can go up to 100% of your time - work from anywhere in Portugal.
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 19 million users
- Innovation/hack weeks
- Annual conference allowances, trainings, meetups and brownbag lunches throughout the year and if you want to speak at conferences, we'll support you at any way we can
- Many different events and initiatives just for fun
- Health Insurance for you and your kids
- An Employee Assistance Program to assist you with any personal or work-related problems that may impact your mental and emotional well-being
- 25 days of vacation per year + 3 days off (Carnival, Christmas eve and New Year’s eve)
- Sabbatical leave for a break from work
- A multicultural environment with colleagues from all over the world, with diverse backgrounds
- Free breakfast, organic fruit, drinks, snacks, newbies special lunches and much more
- English, German and Portuguese lessons
- Feeling sporty? Enjoy great gym deals, running club and other deals
- A mobile device for your private use (iPhone, iPad, Android, you choose!)
- A referral bonus for referring a friend
- You pet is more than welcome :)
Your turn: If you think this position is right for you and that you can help us make New Work big in Porto, we’d be delighted to talk to you. Simply apply below.
Not the right job for you? Don’t worry! You’re more than welcome to send us an unsolicited application!
If you have any questions please let us know!