Backend Engineer (PHP) - (f/m/x) . Remote
- Full-time employee
We are part of New Work SE and we believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential – for a better working life.
With over 4 million reviews across 935,000 companies, kununu has become Europe's leading employer review platform.
We believe that every person - whether actively searching for a job or simply interested in improving their work-life - should be able to give and get accurate, honest insights into companies and roles before walking in on day one.
We believe in empowering people to choose the right place to work. We believe in workplace insights that matter and create a better work-life for all.
Our mission is clear. We strive to bring full transparency to the job market. It´s your task to extend our product with add-on features, which transports kununu into new dimensions. How? This is up to you! Because we are looking for somebody who is a pioneer, does things differently and will be able to get off to a flying start when carving out their own exceptional path forward with us. We offer you the opportunity to have an impact in a tech and data-driven, fast-paced environment with meaningful work and to create innovative features from scratch within a growing product team with international focus.
A CHALLENGING TASK
- Design, test, build, ship and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable object-oriented PHP7 code
- You provide and enhance tools to automate processes and ultimately improve our development environment
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- You have the great opportunity to work in an international, cross-functional environment (communicating in English, German is not required).
A CONVINCING BACKGROUND
- Strong object-oriented PHP skills, experience with MVC frameworks (Symfony is a plus)
- Several years of experience in designing, building, testing and shipping web applications
- Automated testing, clean code and code coverage is just as important to you as production code
- Exceptional experience with various design and architectural patterns, algorithms, and data structures (experience with microservices is valued)
- You're into agile methodologies and enjoy working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge
- DevOps mentality and result-oriented experience with MySQL and Linux administration is of advantage
- Experience with Elasticsearch/SOLR/Lucene is a plus
- Great English communication skills.
AN INSPIRING ENVIRONMENt
- Remote-friendly approach with options that can go up to 100% of your time - work from anywhere in Portugal.
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 19 million users
- Innovation/hack weeks
- Annual conference allowances, trainings, meetups and brownbag lunches throughout the year and if you want to speak at conferences, we'll support you at any way we can
- Many different events and initiatives just for fun
- Health Insurance for you and your kids
- An Employee Assistance Program to assist you with any personal or work-related problems that may impact your mental and emotional well-being
- 25 days of vacation per year + 3 days off (Carnival, Christmas eve and New Year’s eve)
- Sabbatical leave for a break from work
- A multicultural environment with colleagues from all over the world, with diverse backgrounds
- Free breakfast, organic fruit, drinks, snacks, newbies special lunches and much more
- English, German and Portuguese lessons
- Feeling sporty? Enjoy great gym deals, running club and other deals
- A mobile device for your private use (iPhone, iPad, Android, you choose!)
- A referral bonus for referring a friend
- You pet is more than welcome :)
Your turn: If you think this position is right for you and that you can help us make New Work big in Porto, we’d be delighted to talk to you. Simply apply below.
Not the right job for you? Don’t worry! You’re more than welcome to send us an unsolicited application!
BE BOLD. WE NEED YOU!