Every single day, our ten prestigious brands, products and services help shape the future of work by focussing on people – For a better working life.
While most of our products focus on the German speaking market, our development teams are collaborating from 6 offices across Europe. Our working culture is international, our working language English and you will find a technology-driven environment that enables you to grow professionally.
To us, New Work is more than just a buzzword, which is why you’ll work on products that make a huge difference for millions of members. Join the team and help shape the network for a better working life.
Data Engineer – (f/m/x)
You will be part of an international team of Data Engineers, DataOps specialists and Software Engineers that is responsible for creating a data platform which helps the company turning data into services and products for millions of users. We work closely together in an agile setting and focus on developing new data-driven services that benefit our growing group of internal data teams. For example, we are developing tools and services which allow data producers to provide secure, reliable access to all their data consumers – from Data Science or Analytics to direct product consumption. We are now seeking an experienced Data Engineer (ideally experienced in Scala) who loves software development, and can help with the design and development of scalable components. We strive for building testable, predictable and simple code.
Remote Friendly - This business unit offer you the chance to work remotely from anywhere within Portugal.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Contribute to the (technical) design and implementation of central data products;
- Infrastructure and operations for data applications, while automating processes;
- Migration to and development of data applications in AWS;
- Use technologies like Scala, Python, Kafka, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Hive, Spark and Hadoop.
WHO YOU ARE
- Solid knowledge of kafka, DB, data streaming, real-time data processing;
- Hands on experience with on premise and cloud data applications;
- Scala is a plus, if not Java (JVM);
- Broad experience in software, data engineering;
- Proactively collaborative;
- Enjoy learning new technologies;
- Open, optimistic attitude and solution-orentied;
- BSc or higher degree in Computer Science or similar discipline.
- Very good software engineering skills and programming skills in Python or JVM based language (like Scala, Java, Clojure or Kotlin);
- Experience in developing and operating data-driven services (throughout their lifecycle);
- Theoretical and practical knowledge about large-scale data architecture;
- Good communication and collaboration skills;
- Proficient English language skills (German is not required).
WHAT TO EXPECT!!
- The New Work Portugal offers a dynamic environment with flexible working hours and hybrid working system;
- A multicultural environment with employees from over 58 nationalities;
- Annual training allowance - trainings, meetups, conferences, etc;
- Regular events - weekly company meetings, company lunch, team events, seasonal events (eg. Summer & Christmas party);
- Hack weeks every few months;
- New Work Care - a confidential employee assistance program to assist you with personal and/or work-related matters;
- Health Insurance for you and your kids – you can add your partner at a small cost;
- 25 days of annual leave per year + 3 days off (Carnival, Christmas eve and New Year’s eve);
- Language lessons - English, German and Portuguese;
- Employee referral programme - for recommending talent to our company;
- NW Deals club ( discounts club);
- A mobile device for your private use (iPhone, iPad, Android, you choose!);
- Pet friendly office.
Your turn: If you think this position is right for you and that you can help us make New Work big in Porto, we’d be delighted to talk to you. Simply apply below.
Not the right job for you? Don’t worry! You’re more than welcome to send us an unsolicited application!
If you have any questions please let us know!