Data Engineer (m/f/x)
- Full-time employee
- Entry Level
New Work SE – for a better working life
We believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential. New Work SE offers a wide range of brands, products and services for a better working life. This not only makes individuals more satisfied and happier, it also makes companies more successful.
Wherever you’re from, whatever your beliefs, and whomever you love - you’re always welcome at NEW WORK. We’re proud of our commitment to diversity because it makes us more creative and more productive. What counts is you as a person.
Data Engineer (f/m/x)
You will be part of an international team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers that is responsible for turning data into services and products for XING's jobs market which is used by Millions of users. We work closely together in an agile setting and focus on improving our existing job recommender and job search and developing new data-driven services that benefit the users of XING's jobs market place. For example, we work on features that help job seekers to better understand who their future colleagues may be, models that help forecasting salaries, etc. We are now seeking an experienced Data Engineer who loves software development, helps with the design and development of scalable components and contributes to search services and recommender systems. We strive for building testable, predictable and simple code.
By the way: Flexible remote work from Germany is possible.
You can look forward to:
- Work in a team with Data Engineers and Data Scientists to contribute to the (technical) design, implementation and evaluation of new algorithms, machine learning models and other data-driven features and services.
- Design and implement components in a sustainable fashion (e.g. automating training of ML models; balance between complexity of models, computational costs, ease of use).
- Build, deploy, monitor and operate services within our infrastructure, while automating processes.
- Use technologies like Scala, Python, Kafka, Kubernetes, Elasticsearch, Hive, Spark and Hadoop.
What we are looking for:
- BSc or higher degree in Computer Science or similar discipline.
- Very good software engineering skills and programming skills in Python or JVM based language (like Scala, Java, Clojure or Kotlin).
- Experience in developing and operating data-driven / ML-based services (throughout their lifecycle).
- Sound theoretical and practical knowledge about machine learning and operating ML-based solutions.
- Solid experience and enthusiasm to design scalable architectures (in particular in distributed systems).
- Good communication skills.
- Proficient English language skills (German is not required).
And what else:
Join us at our brand-new, innovative and dynamic office next to the River Elbe in Hamburg’s newest district, the Hafencity. Enjoy flexible working hours and the option to work up to 60% from mobile–office. Benefit from the many training and development opportunities, language courses and regular team events on offer. Take on an exciting role within a motivated and friendly team, coupled with the freedom you need to develop and share your own ideas. Quench your thirst with free drinks and excellent coffee, along with a canteen and a bar where you can meet up with colleagues. Train and meet new people by visiting the free gym. Get a smartphone or iPad you can also use privately. Explore the city of Hamburg in your free time with a subsidised HVV ProfiTicket. What’s not to like about all that?
If you have any questions please let us know!