DevOps Engineer (f/m/x)
- Full-time employee
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO SPEND IT AT THE WRONG COMPANY
With over 4,2 million reviews across 950,000 companies, kununu has become Europe's leading employer review platform.
You will be working in an international, purpose driven environment as part of a highly motivated, multicultural, talented and growing team to help build and optimize our data-driven products, based on a state-of-the-art tech stack. Just to crunch some numbers: Our AWS production environment handles 30 micro-services, queue readers, and RDS (databases) and we set up a Kubernetes environment from scratch with less than 5 security findings per year.
Corona does not stop us from hiring and onboarding great talent to kununu. We’ve switched into a fully remote working setup for the time being, and we are driving forward our business with full steam.
A CHALLENGING TASK
- As part of our agile engineering crew, you will be responsible to design, develop and maintain our platform kununu.com as well as for troubleshooting and improving the CI/CD (Jenkins) to a high available and performant service.
- You will be working closely together with your teammates in Vienna and Porto in order to develop a common strategy for the best possible product quality across the company.
- You will support our services before they go live through system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- You will build and manage the cloud server infrastructure for development and production environments in a state-of-the-art technology (e.g. k8s dev environment).
- You will collaborate with our international Dev teams in Vienna and Porto to ensure continuous integration and delivery focusing on the development experience.
- You are responsible for the research, planning and successful implementation of new technology.
- You will be developing solutions to ensure quality standards on what the team develops.
A CONVINCING BACKGROUND
- You have already worked as a DevOps Engineer and/or SRE for at least 1 year, ideally in an agile dev environment or you are passionate about the area knowing the fundamentals.
- You are familiar with continuous integration & deployment tools and techniques (we are working with Jenkins).
- You have worked with Docker and virtual machines (VMware, VirtualBox) and/or servers (on-premise/cloud).
- You know your way around cloud-based deployments like AWS and/or Google Cloud. Configuration management systems (Chef, Puppet, Terraform) is a plus.
- You are a dedicated problem solver with very good interpersonal skills – for us this means the ability to collaborate (remotely with colleagues in another location) and team-up to develop the next generation of the infrastructure and tailored solutions.
- You are familiar with Linux, Scrum and Agile methodologies. Furthermore, you possess knowledge on Shell scripting, Python and Go.
- You stand out for your proven pro-activeness in previous projects, your eagerness to learn and share your knowledge as well as for your goal-driven mindset.
AN INSPIRING ENVIRONMENT
We believe that life is too short to spend in the wrong company. We believe in empowering people to choose the right place to work. We believe in workplace insights that matter and create a better work-life for all.
- At kununu we offer a dynamic environment, as well as flexible working hours. As New Work SE is heading to more flexibility of working remotely, we have a remote-friendly approach with options that can go up to 100% of your time - work from anywhere in Portugal.
We are hungry to grow. Challenging tasks within a highly passionate and international crew await you when it comes to strengthen our position as market leader in the DACH region.
We offer you the opportunity to have a meaningful impact with your work and to take Product Design at kununu to the next level.
Our open and appreciative corporate culture is not just an empty phrase, but is lived with passion. You will have inspiring interactions with your colleagues as well as plenty of opportunities to bring in your own ideas.
25 days of vacation per year + 2 days off (Christmas eve and New Year’s eve).
- Regular events: Social days, company meetings, summer & Christmas party, offsite events and lots of fun.
Annual conference allowances, regular trainings, meetups and brownbag lunches throughout the year, as well as the opportunity to speak at conferences - we'll support you where we can, you’ll have an opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones, also with continuous personal feedback.
- Free breakfast, organic fruit, drinks, snacks, newbies special lunches and much more.
Do you believe you can make the world a better place? We believe that too!
If this profile matches your expertise, experience, and aspirations, we’d be delighted to receive your full application, including salary requirements and a possible starting date.SOUNDS GOOD?