DevOps Engineer (m/f/x)
- Full-time employee
The salary range provided in this job offer serves as an orientation for the application phase. The specific salary offered depends on the applicant's qualifications.
DevOps Engineer (m/f/x)
Prescreen develops a cloud-based e-recruiting solution that we sell as SaaS to companies of all sizes. We do that from the heart of Europe - Vienna, Austria. Prescreen was founded in 2014, since then our team has been working with recruiting departments all around the world to make recruiting easier and improve the candidate experience.
Since 2017 we are part of of the NEW WORK SE (XING) - the leading professional network in the German-speaking area. Together with NEW WORK SE we see great potential to achieve our shared mission: enable companies to hire the best.To enable our further growth we are looking for a full-time (Senior) DevOps Engineer (m/f/x) to help our team to grow and excel at what we do best: build applications that work and keep them running.
A challenging task:
- Own our production environment and make sure everything runs smoothly.
- Setup and maintenance of our cloud infrastructure (AWS, EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, ECS, Route53, …) with infrastructure as code.
- Maintenance and cloud migration of our legacy servers and services (Puppet, nginx, PHP 8.1, MariaDB, Redis, Elasticsearch).
- Own and improve our monitoring infrastructure (Icinga2, AWS Cloudwatch, ELK-Stack, pmm).
- Design and maintain our networking architecture and infrastructure.
- Improve and maintain our CI/CD environment (Gitlab, Docker, ansistrano).
- Develop & maintain our kubernetes clusters (rancher-based).
- Help our developers to maintain and setup their development environments.
- Own our backup strategy and disaster recovery plans (bareos).
- Further introduce infrastructure as code utilizing terraform & packer.
- Quickly assess the benefits & risks of new technologies for potential use at Prescreen.
A convincing background:
- You have a deep understanding of running workloads, servers, networking, TCP/IP, firewalls and networking services.
- You have worked with cloud providers such as AWS and infrastructure as code.
- You are interested in open source technologies, ideally you have experience with some of those we use.
- You know your way around IT security, you know about the latest vulnerabilities.
- You have a good understanding of distributed systems and web applications.
- A clean, efficient and effective way of working is your default way of working.
- You're always thinking about how to automate things.
- You have worked with config management software before (ideally Puppet & Ansible).
- You're into agile methodologies and enjoy working as a team player in a feedback appreciated environment that is focused on achieving goals together.
- You are fluent in English. German is a plus.
An inspiring environment
- Settle in as a full-time employee in an organization, enabling companies to find the best matching candidates who love their profession.
- Sculpt a product that is used and loved by over 3000 companies in Europe.
- Bring in your own ideas in your day-to-day work. Contribute in a variety of tasks and enjoy the uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues.
- We offer ongoing international training, conference passes, and much more to cherish in our most valuable assets: you.
- Benefit from a balanced work-life setup thanks to 30 days of vacation per year and a flexible working environment.
- Take the chance to grow your career within the New Work SE network. Choose the path that suits you best.
If this profile matches your expertise, experience and aspirations, we’d be delighted to receive your full application, including salary requirements and possible starting date.
For legal reasons, we have to state that the minimum salary for this position is 60.000 Euro gross. Let’s talk about your salary expectations in person. We do pay a competitive salary based on your experience and skills.