Director Data Platform (m/f/x)
- Full-time employee
- Executive (VP, SVP, etc.)
New Work SE – for a better working life
We believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential. New Work SE (formerly known as XING SE) offers a wide range of brands, products and services for a better working life. This not only makes individuals more satisfied and happier, it also makes companies more successful.
Director Data Platform (m/f/x)
As an expanding social network with a focus on bringing value to our users, data is at the core of every NEW WORK product. Our team of Data Engineers and Data Scientists work, amongst other projects, on bringing state-of-the-art algorithms into production and creating highly scalable solutions that serve millions of users. NEW WORK SE has invested over the years into extensive data assets and shared data platform services, making use of technologies such as Hadoop (e.g. Hive, Spark), Kafka, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, etc.
You can look forward to:
- As Director Data Platform (m/f/x) you are responsible for leading Team Leads and Lead Engineers.
- Your teams are responsible for designing and operating a highly scalable data platform and nurturing high quality data assets, enabling data teams throughout NEW WORK to develop next generation data services.
- You will create a vision and strategy for your teams and data engineering inside NEW WORK SE as a whole.
- You will communicate with all executive levels (CTO, CPO, VP Engineering, Business Unit Heads etc.) to drive data centricity across business units.
- You take an active and professional guiding part in NEW WORK’s data engineering community and drive strategic technology projects.
- You will proactively manage dependencies and help to clear impediments out of your teams’ way.
What we are looking for:
- Strong people leader with the ability to grow technical experts and leaders, experience in multi-location setups is a plus.
- Inspirational leader with a strong passion for data-driven products.
- 5+ years experience in Tech industry (e.g. digital high-volume consumer business like e-commerce, media, entertainment).
- Excellent understanding of data engineering processes, tools, technologies (incl. data governance, data cataloguing, machine learning automation).
- Proven track record in designing, shipping and operating big data solutions.
- Solid understanding of Data Science in problem domains like search or recommender systems.
- Hands-on experience with on-prem and cloud-based big data technologies (e.g., Scala, aws managed data services).
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with business stakeholders, Data Engineers and management.
- Fluency in English is a must.
And what else:
Join us at our brand-new, innovative and dynamic office next to the River Elbe in Hamburg’s newest district, the Hafencity. Enjoy flexible working hours and the option to work up to 50% from home. Benefit from the many training and development opportunities, language courses and regular team events on offer. Take on an exciting role within a motivated and friendly team, coupled with the freedom you need to develop and share your own ideas. Quench your thirst with free drinks and excellent coffee, along with a canteen and a bar where you can meet up with colleagues. Train and meet new people by visiting the free gym. Get a smartphone or iPad you can also use privately. Explore the city of Hamburg in your free time with a subsidised HVV ProfiTicket. What’s not to like about all that?
If you have any questions please let us know!