iOS Engineer (f/m/x)
- Full-time employee
New Work SE - for a better working life
We believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential. This not only makes individuals more satisfied and happier, it also makes companies more successful.
Olá Porto! We opened a new tech office in beautiful Porto two years ago and we are looking for great people to join our team!
Every single day, our ten prestigious brands, products and services help shape the future of work by focussing on people – For a better working life.Within the New Work SE and its subsidiaries, you will be part of an organisation with almost 500 amazing developers and a healthy learning culture that involves pair programming, different communities of practice, joint Hack week projects and more. While most of our products focus on the German speaking market, our development teams are collaborating from 6 offices across Europe. Our working culture is international, our working language English and you will find a technology-driven environment that enables you to grow professionally.
iOS Engineer (m/f/x)
The challenge if you are up to it:
- You won’t just be writing code all day, you’ll play an active part in shaping our product;
- You work in close collaboration with product management, QA and designers, in an Agile context;
- You will be part of the overall XING community of iOS developers, sharing best practices, knowledge, and code.
What we are looking for:
- Professional mobile and device programming experience;
- API experience with HTTP, REST and JSON, maybe even complemented by some backend experience;
- Proficient in Objective-C and also in Swift;
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures;
- Knowledge about general software development patterns;
- You like to work in a team and you are dedicated to what you are doing;
- You are used to work with collaboration tools like Git, JIRA, Confluence, and Jenkins;
- Ideally you already published a great app, contributed to an open source project, spoke at a conference and/or published articles;
- Having experience with unit testing and/or automated testing frameworks would be a big plus;
- You are constantly evolving with the technology trends, and willing to embrace change;
- You are familiar with agile methodologies and enjoy working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge with other experts;
- You are fluent in English.
An inspiring environment:
- The New Work SE offers a dynamic environment, as well as flexible working hours. The New Work SE is heading to more flexibility of working remotely. Our New Mobile Office 50% policy combines both – more flexibility in working outside our Offices & face-to-face collaboration
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 18 million users
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas await you
- Innovation/hack weeks every few months where you can unleash your creativity and ideas
- Annual conference allowances, regular trainings, meetups and brownbag lunches throughout the year, as well as the opportunity to speak at conferences - we'll support you where we can, you’ll have an opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones, also with continuous personal feedback
- Regular events: Social days, company meetings, summer & Christmas party, offsite events and lots of fun
- Health Insurance for you and your kids – you can still add your partner at a small cost that will be deducted from your monthly salary
- An Employee Assistance (confidential) Program to assist you with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact your job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
- 25 days of vacation per year + 2 days off (Christmas eve and New Year’s eve)
- Sabbatical - unpaid period of time in which you don’t work and is thus used for recreation.
- A multicultural environment with employees from all over the world, who have various technology backgrounds,
- Free breakfast, organic fruit, drinks, snacks, newbies special lunches and much more
- English, German and Portuguese lessons
- If you’re feeling really sporty, we also have great gym deals, running club and various other protocols
- A mobile device for your private use (iPhone, iPad, Android, you choose!)
- A referral bonus for recommending talent to our company
- Want to bring your pet to the office? No problem at NEW WORK
- Competitive salary
We contribute into open source https://github.com/xing and let the world know what we are doing (https://devblog.xing.com) and organize public user groups and coding events. Check out our XING engineering blog at https://tech.xing.com/.
Your turn: If you think this position is right for you and that you can help us make XING big in Porto, we’d be delighted to talk to you. Simply apply below.
Not the right job for you? Don’t worry! You’re more than welcome to send us an unsolicited application!
If you have any questions please let us know!