(Junior) Software Engineer (m/f/x)
- Full-time employee
New Work SE – for a better working life
We believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential. New Work SE offers a wide range of brands, products and services for a better working life. This not only makes individuals more satisfied and happier, it also makes companies more successful.
(Junior) Software Engineer (m/f/x)
XING is the leading online business network with 19 million members in German-speaking countries. Workers from every industry use XING to connect with one another, to look for jobs, new hires, projects, cooperation partners, expert advice and business ideas.
We're always looking to hear from engineers who love their craft to help us shape the future – for a better working life!
We have offices in various parts of Europe (Hamburg, Munich, Vienna, Barcelona, Porto and, more recently, Valencia).
XING employees come from more than 30 different countries and bring their collective experiences and culture to work every day. Some of us studied computer science, while others come from other fields or don't even have a degree-level qualification. The key common ingredient is a willingness to learn and grow.
For our New Work Harbour Office in Hamburg, we are looking for a Junior Software Engineer Backend (Ruby) to support the growth of a consolidated team.
Join our fast growing cross-functional and international teams in Hamburg and have an impact on new products for XING.
A challenging task
- You provide robust and sustainable Software for a high-volume application.
- Performance of our applications is key, and you will be responsible for providing a backend that also serves our power-users quickly and reliably.
- While backend is your main focus, you will have close discussions with experts in other technologies in how to structure the applications you’re responsible for.
- You’ll work in a cross-functional, professional, distributed team in a highly dynamic and agile development environment.
- You actively participate in iteratively improving our collaboration and processes.
- You collaborate with people of different roles, backgrounds, preferences and skills, and you contribute to the success of the company.
- Discuss and implement innovative solutions closely with product owners and designers.
A convincing background
- You will be working on a Ruby application in a service-oriented architecture, knowledge of Ruby on Rails would be a plus.
- You are comfortable working in distributed team setups.
- The motivation to learn and improve the development processes.
- Automated testing, clean code and code coverage is just as important to you as production code.
- Willingness to learn and a passion for code.
- You’re into agile methodologies and enjoy working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge.
- A positive mindset and the people skills to work with various people in various positions.
- You get things done, have a positive mindset, and are known as a motivated team player with good communication skills in English.
- You are culturally open – XING employees come from more than 30 different countries that bring their collective experiences and culture to work every day. We value each and every person for who they are.
An inspiring environment
The New Work SE offers a dynamic environment. As well as flexible working hours, you’ll have an opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones. We offer a wide range of training courses in addition to German, English and Spanish lessons, regular team and offsite events, and lots of fun. We also provide free drinks and organic fruit as well as a ProfiTicket public transport ticket, restaurant vouchers and travel insurance. And let’s not forget the smartphone or iPad that you can use privately. You’ll also be provided with a high-end Macbook Pro, and our offices have table football tables. If you’re feeling really sporty, we also have great gym deals, and various other benefits….
If you have any questions please let us know!