Quality Assurance Engineer (f/m/x)
- Full-time employee
New Work SE - for a better working life
We believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential. This not only makes individuals more satisfied and happier, it also makes companies more successful.
Every single day, our ten prestigious brands, products and services help shape the future of work by focussing on people – For a better working life.Within the New Work SE and its subsidiaries, you will be part of an organisation with almost 500 amazing developers and a healthy learning culture that involves pair programming, different communities of practice, joint Hack week projects and more. While most of our products focus on the German speaking market, our development teams are collaborating from 6 offices across Europe. Our working culture is international, our working language English and you will find a technology-driven environment that enables you to grow professionally.
Quality Assurance Engineer (f/m/x)
A challenging task
- Ability to conduct software testing at a highly professional level.
- Experience with test automation (e.g: Nightwatch, WebDriverIO, Selenium).
- Experience testing web applications and APIs.
- Experience working with relational databases (e.g: MySQL) and non-relational databases is a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking and passion for quality.
- Ability to design test scenarios for automated and manual testing of the developed features.
- Value working and testing as a part of an agile team.
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools (e.g: Jenkins and Git).
- Experience working with virtualisation/hosting technologies such as Docker and AWS is a plus.
- Communicate openly and clearly in English.
A convincing background
- You are a curious and courageous tester, who ideally has at least 5 years of experience in testing web or mobile applications.
- You are a clear and precise communicator who is alert and proactive
- Ideally you have an engineering background, but that is not mandatory.
- You are keen to keep on learning about technical topics and also happy to share your knowledge and experience.
- You always know one more way to improve things –and you know when “good” is “good enough”.
- You should have experience with web development tools and architecture, version control systems (e.g. Git) and continuous integration (e.g. Jenkins).
- You should have experience with automated testing with e.g. Selenium, Capybara, meaning you can do the coding that is necessary for that.
- You are a proficient English speaker.
An inspiring environment
- A Mobile Office 50% policy that combines both – more flexibility in working outside our Offices & face-to-face collaboration OR (Remote-friendly approach with options that can go up to 100% of your time - work from anywhere in Portugal.) – Depends on the job ad.
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 19 million users
- Innovation/hack weeks
- Annual conference allowances, training, meetups, and brown-bag lunches throughout the year, and if you want to speak at conferences, we'll support you in any way we can
- Many different events and initiatives just for fun
- Health Insurance for you and your kids
- An Employee Assistance Program to assist you with any personal or work-related problems that may impact your mental and emotional well-being
- 25 days of vacation per year + 3 days off (Carnival, Christmas eve, and New Year’s eve)
- Sabbatical leave for a break from work
- A multicultural environment with colleagues from all over the world, with diverse backgrounds
- Free breakfast, organic fruit, drinks, snacks, newbies special lunches, and much more in the office
- English, German and Portuguese lessons
- Feeling sporty? Enjoy great gym deals, running club, and other offers.
- A mobile device for your private use (iPhone, iPad, Android, you choose!)
- A referral bonus for referring a friend
- Your pet is more than welcome :)
Your turn: If you think this position is right for you and that you can help us make XING big in Porto, we’d be delighted to talk to you. Simply apply below.
Not the right job for you? Don’t worry! You’re more than welcome to send us an unsolicited application!
If you have any questions please let us know!