Ruby on Rails Developer
- Full-time employee
XING provides advice and support to its more than 20 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Ruby on Rails Developer (m/f/d)
NEW WORK SE offers a wide range of brands, products and services for a better working life. XING, XING Events, XING E-Recruiting.
A challenging task
As a member of this talented team, under Agile Development methodologies, your focus will be the development and maintenance of our web and mobile products.
- Work within a Full Stack team that uses the Ruby on Rails, React and Node, technology stacks.
- Working together with central teams to integrate our project into the different platforms.
- Implement and test features in the web and backend parts of the app.
- Work within the XING technology environment, including GitHub, GraphQL, ElasticSearch, MySQL, Kafka, RabbitMQ,
- Take part of the migration of the current product and the creation of new
- Contribute massively with your passion and hands-on to our new features and products that engage users.
A convincing background
3-5 years developing web applications
- You are a passionate web developer with +2 years of experience in Ruby on Rails.
- You are used to test your code (unit tests).
- Experience with MySQL databases
- Proficient with Git
- Familiar with agile methodologies and enjoys working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge with other experts
- Constantly evolving with the technology trends, and willing to embrace change
- Team spirit and willingness to share knowledge with other colleagues.
- Fluent in English
- You pay attention to detail without losing sight of the goal, have a sense of ownership and pride in the quality of your work.
- You have a good sense of humor, an unpretentiousness and humbleness towards other people and are eager to work in a multicultural environment
It will be a plus if you have:
- Willingness to go Full Stack
- Experience building web APIs (RESTful, GraphQL)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience building web APIs with Node
An inspiring environment
Check our Twitter account! https://twitter.com/NewWork_es
We offer the full-remote option as far as you are living in Spain.
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
- 2 full innovation weeks per year
- Flexible working hours and remote flexibility
- Restaurant tickets, coffee, snacks and much more.
- Spanish / English/ German lessons.
- A mobile device you can choose among a list (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets
- Extended holidays 26+4+2
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Bicycle park and package reception
- A variety of technologies and languages: Ruby on Rails, Node, Java, Scala, Elasticsearch, REST, React, AMQP, Linux, Hadoop, Riak, MongoDB, MySQL, Solr, iOS, Android, Backbone.js, Git, Jenkins…
- Relocation pack if needed.
If you have any questions please let us know!