(Senior) Data Engineer (m/f/x)
- Full-time employee
New Work SE – for a better working life
We believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential. New Work SE offers a wide range of brands, products and services for a better working life. This not only makes individuals more satisfied and happier, it also makes companies more successful.
Wherever you’re from, whatever your beliefs, and whomever you love - you’re always welcome at NEW WORK. We’re proud of our commitment to diversity because it makes us more creative and more productive. What counts is you as a person.
(Senior) Data Engineer (m/f/x) – XING Marketing Solutions
XING Marketing Solution is the business unit responsible for creating advertising solutions on XING.com and our mobile platforms. Data engineers and scientists, product owners, UX-designers and developers work together to create highly scalable solutions that serve our clients to promote their stories. Currently, the Marketing Solutions unit develops and maintains a self-booking advertisement solution and implements exciting new advertising formats. Visit advertising.xing.com for further details.
Join our interdisciplinary team of data enthusiasts at XING Marketing Solutions and help our clients promote their stories to the right audience on XING by leveraging our unique pool of user profile and interaction data. We develop scalable services for native advertising on XING.com using real-time CTR predictions. We offer clients automated predictions about campaign outcome and optimize our unit’s business via A/B testing and discrete-event simulation of our systems.
If you’re passionate about building recommender systems and pipelines for automated machine learning, we’d love to hear from you.
You can look forward to:
- Drive the modernization of the data engineering stack at XING Marketing Solutions.
- Design and implement highly scalable services handling millions of requests each day as well as workflows for batch and real-time data processing related to data-driven ad delivery and audience segments.
- Implement solutions for processing and analyzing large amounts of data (e.g., tracking data), bring machine learning models to production, and apply big data technologies as well as technologies related to distributed systems.
- Build, deploy, monitor, and operate services within our infrastructure and automate these processes.
- Work closely with other data engineers and scientists to support the (technical) design, implementation, and evaluation of new algorithms, machine learning models, and other data-driven features and services.
- Engage with technologies such as Scala, Python, Kafka, Kubernetes, and those from the Hadoop ecosystem such as Hive and Spark.
What we are looking for:
- A Bachelor’s or higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent Software Engineering experience
- Excellent programming skills in a JVM-based language like Scala, Java, Closure, or Kotlin
- Experience in implementing scalable software and data-driven services that process large datasets, using big data technologies (e.g., Spark, Hadoop, etc.), data storage (e.g., relational databases, key-value stores), and related data processing technologies (e.g., Kafka, Akka, etc.)
- Good knowledge in SQL
- Team player with good communication skills in English
And what else:
Join us at our brand-new, innovative and dynamic office next to the River Elbe in Hamburg’s newest district, the Hafencity. Enjoy flexible working hours and the option to work up to 50% from home. Benefit from the many training and development opportunities, language courses and regular team events on offer. Take on an exciting role within a motivated and friendly team, coupled with the freedom you need to develop and share your own ideas. Quench your thirst with free drinks and excellent coffee, along with a canteen and a bar where you can meet up with colleagues. Train and meet new people by visiting the free gym. Get a smartphone or iPad you can also use privately. Explore the city of Hamburg in your free time with a subsidised HVV ProfiTicket. What’s not to like about all that?
If you have any questions please let us know!