(Senior) iOS Developer
- Full-time employee
XING provides advice and support to its more than 20 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
(Senior) iOS Developer
XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members and is on the lead for social recruiting products in the German speaking market.
While New Work, our mother company, is based in Germany, our development teams are spread across Europe. Our working culture is international, our official language is English, and you will find a technology-driven environment that enables you to grow professionally.
We, the Jobs Business Unit, want to help our users find the best job for them. Our teams are distributed around: Hamburg, Barcelona, Valencia and remotely from Spain and Germany. We use the latest technologies/frameworks (React, GraphQL, Elasticsearch, Kafka, Swift, Kotlin, Ruby On Rails, ...) and architectures (microservices, event-driven architecture...).
Do you want to help us increase our users' job happiness? Help us shape the future – for a better working life!
We are looking for a new iOS developer interested in working on the Jobs section of the native XING iOS app.
A challenging task
- You’ll work together with a cross-functional team (BE, FE, Android, QA, Product Owner and UX/UI) to make our Jobs Product better.
- You'll help us improve our development and influence the technical direction of the team. You'll also have ample opportunity to impress us with your ideas and help us shape our product.
- You’ll contribute throughout the entire product development lifecycle: from product definition and planning, to releasing to production and monitoring the live environments, always striving to bring value to our users
- You and your iOS peers will be responsible for the structure, maintainability and quality of our Jobs section
- You contribute to our automated unit and integration testing
- You have the great opportunity to work in an international, cross-functional environment, and be part of the overall XING Community of iOS developers, sharing best practices as well as knowledge and code to the main XING application
A convincing background
- You have very good knowledge of the iOS SDK and Swift
- You have experience in SwiftUI & Combine
- You are not afraid of working on a codebase with 25+ contributors
- You should have a vague understanding of Objective-C (mostly to understand it enough to rewrite parts in Swift)
- You'll ensure the delivery of high-quality software by writing clean code and doing pair programming, unit testing, UI automation, code reviews, etc.
- You are familiar and ideally have experience with GraphQL
- You are a team player, always eager to help and collaborate
- You love giving the users a good experience building solutions with an eye on usability and accessibility
- You find a good balance between pragmatic approaches and sustainability
- You have a learning mindset, are curious and constantly evolving with the technology trends, willing to embrace change.
- You have good communication skills in English to either technical or non-technical stakeholders
- You are familiar with writing E2E tests (ideally using Calabash)
- You have some experience developing for the Android platform, and would be keen to do so if needed
- You have experience with tools/technologies like: Git, JIRA, Jenkins, Ruby on Rails, Slack ...
- You have worked in agile environments
- It would be nice if you have built an app from creation to publishing
An inspiring environment
Check our Twitter account! https://twitter.com/NewWork_es
We offer the full-remote option as long as you are living in Spain.
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 20 million users
- Work-life balance is important to us - work from home and flexible hours
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Budget and time allocated for training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow
- A mobile device of your choice among a list (iPhone, iPad, Android…)
- Restaurant tickets + Flexible Compensation Plan: Health Insurance / Transport / Nursery Tickets
- Company events and team building opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- Two full HackWeeks per year where you can unleash your creativity and ideas
- Spanish / English/ German / Portuguese lessons
- A referral bonus for recommending talent to our company
- Extended holidays 26+
- Summer intensive schedule at your choice
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- Great offices with coffee, snacks, bicycle park and much more
- Want to bring your pet to the office? No problem at NEW WORK
- Relocation pack, if needed
Our company contributes into open source https://github.com/xing and lets the world know what we are doing (https://devblog.xing.com). We organize public user groups and coding events locally. Check out our XING engineering blog at https://tech.xing.com/.
If you have any questions please let us know!