System Engineer (m/f/x)
- Full-time employee
- 57 - 85 K
- run and optimise infrastructure in our data centres
- maintain and optimize our shared network services in AWS
- improve monitoring and perform maintenances to ensure maximum availability and performance for all platforms
- further development of infrastructure automation together with your team
- perform troubleshooting duties and help your colleagues in the Site Operations department
- participate in our team on-call schedule
- BSc in information technology, computer sciences or comparable and 2+ years experience in managing IT infrastructure
- you have sound experience with virtualization technologies, shared storage systems and networks
- experience with relevant AWS technologies (VPC, S3, EC2, Transit Gateway and Direct Connect)
- you are highly familiar with Linux and operating large-scale servers
- proficient english language skills
- a positive mindset and the social skills to work in a highly international and distributed setup, and desire to learn and share your knowledge with your team
About the job
As a technical company running a social network we operate our datacenters & network infrastructure on our own. Our System Engineers and Data Engineers work amongst other projects on bringing state-of-the-art technologies into production, maintaining the XING Platform and create highly scalable solutions that serve millions of users.
New Work SE is looking to welcome a “System Engineer” to join our highly skilled and motivated Infrastructure & Cloud Services team as part of the Site Operations Department. The Infrastructure & Cloud Services team is responsible for delivering all infrastructure services including Networking, Compute, Storage & Cloud Network Services into the organisation. You will be working on our data center in 2 co-locations, manage compute ressources, platform load balancers and ensure highest levels of network & perimeter security for the benefit of our users' privacy. You will be a sought-after colleague as your closest peers delivering Platform Services and Data Infrastructure Services are dependent on top of the line availability, performance & stability, on-prem and in the cloud.
For our location in Hamburg, we are looking for a System Engineer as soon as possible.
About the NEW WORK SE (Video)
We don’t see “New Work” as a buzzword. To us, it’s a promise. We strive to make happiness at work a reality. Because it’s not only about the money, it’s also about the working environment and appreciation. It’s about creating the best team setup you can imagine, and about getting involved in things you’re passionate about. And you can be part of it! We want our employees to innovate and we enable them to do what they really, really want. Ten brands, one vision: For a better working life.