Software Architect (f/m/x)
- Full-time employee
XING is the social network for business professionals with more than 19 million members all over the world.
Help us shape our Valencian future – for a better working life!
We already work with more than 300 dedicated engineers and product developers throughout 6 locations in Europe, including Barcelona and Porto – and we have discovered the same amazing mindset in Valencia! Apart from the terrific location, this is more than enough reason to expand our technology footprint. Join our fast growing cross-functional and international teams in Valencia and have an impact on new products for XING.
Software Architect (f/m/x)
Our System Architecture team maintains and enhances platforms that allow all other business units to develop, run and monitor their applications. We own a few critical pieces of infrastructure, like the common message bus, as well as some public libraries making application development at New Work easier. Join us in finding innovative solutions to technically complex challenges!
A challenging task
- Implement robust, scalable and highly optimised infrastructure components
- Improve and maintain existing application code
- Review and optimize our software and system architecture
- Evaluate and recommend new technology to improve the existing ecosystem
- Take ownership of platforms that improve daily lives of several hundreds of developers
A convincing background
- You have extensive experience in web application architecture (scalability, availability, APIs)
- You like to stay at the cutting edge of web application design and implementation within distributed systems
- You are passionate about and brilliant at solving challenging problems
- You enjoy sharing knowledge and are good at writing developer-oriented documentation
- You have experience in working with different stakeholders and have excellent communication skills
- Experience in working in a Techlead, Architect or Lead role in the past is a plus
- Experience with running containerized software and Kubernetes in particular is also a plus
- You are able to communicate efficiently in English
An inspiring environment
- Innovation weeks
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
- Flexible working hours and remote flexibility
- Restaurant tickets, coffee and snacks
- Spanish / English/ German lessons.
- Mobile device (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets/Pension
- Extended holidays (26+4+2)
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Relocation pack if needed.
Check our Twitter account! https://twitter.com/NewWork_es
We contribute into open source https://github.com/xing and let the world know what we are doing (https://devblog.xing.com) and organize public user groups and coding events. Check out our XING engineering blog at https://tech.xing.com/
Not the right job for you? Don’t worry! You’re more than welcome to send us an unsolicited application!
If you have any questions please let us know!