Software Backend Developer (Java)
- Full-time employee
XING provides advice and support to its more than 19 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Backend Developer (m/f/d)
XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members and is on the lead for social recruiting products in the German speaking market.
While New Work, our mother company, is based in Germany, our development teams are spread across Europe. Our working culture is international, our official language is English, and you will find a technology-driven environment that enables you to grow professionally.
We, the Jobs Business Unit, want to help our users find the best job for them. Our teams are distributed around: Hamburg, Barcelona, Valencia and remotely from Spain and Germany. We use the latest technologies/frameworks (Kotlin, Spring, Kafka, React, ...) and architectures (microservices, event-driven architecture...).
Do you want to help us increase our users' job happiness? Help us shape the future – for a better working life!
For our Engineering Office in Valencia we are looking for a Java Software Engineer to take full responsibility about scaling and adding features for our new B2B Java application and working on automating tasks for performance marketing
🔥A challenging task
- You will build and maintain micro-services, create backend applications as well as internal admin user interfaces using Java, Kotlin, Spring Boot and VueJS
- Live the complete development cycle including writing automated tests, participating in code reviews and performing deployments
- You will work in a cross-functional, professional, distributed team in a highly dynamic and agile development environment.
- You will work in a multi-cultural, English speaking team
🛠The tools we use
- CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins and deployed to Kubernetes clusters.
- Kafka and RabbitMQ as message queues, the former is now increasingly used for event-driven systems.
- Grafana and Graylog for logging and monitoring
💻A convincing background
- You bring at least 3+ years of production experience in Java/Kotlin or Ruby on Rails (or similar languages/frameworks)
- You value clean code, pair programming, unit/integration testing, code reviews, etc.
- You write testable, predictable and readable code
- Even though clear code is the best documentation, you can write complementary documentation when needed
- You have a structured and organized approach to problems.
- You find a good balance between pragmatic approaches and sustainability
- You are a team player, always eager to help and collaborate
- You have a learning mindset, are curious and constantly evolving with the technology trends, willing to embrace change.
- You have effective communication skills in English and can adapt to either technical or non-technical stakeholders
- You are familiar with event-driven and cloud architectures
- You have experience with Kafka
- You have worked in a highly available, low latency and high throughput environment.
- You are familiar and ideally have experience with GraphQL
- You have experience with tools/technologies like: Git, JIRA, Jenkins, Ruby on Rails, ...
- You have worked in agile environments
👾An inspiring environment
Check our Twitter account! https://twitter.com/NewWork_es
We offer the full-remote option if you are living in Spain.
- The opportunity to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 20 million users
- Work-life balance is important to us - work from home and flexible hours
- Competitive salary and a permanent contract
- Budget and time allocated for training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow
- A mobile device of your choice among a list (iPhone, iPad, Android…)
- Restaurant tickets + Flexible Compensation Plan: Health Insurance / Transport / Nursery Tickets
- Extended holidays 26+
- Company events and team building opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- Two full HackWeeks per year: 2 full weeks dedicated to unleashing your creativity and ideas or self-education, instead of working with your team
- Spanish / English/ German / Portuguese lessons
- A referral bonus for recommending talent to our company
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- Great offices with coffee, snacks, bicycle park and much more
- Want to bring your pet to the office? No problem at NEW WORK
- Relocation package, if needed
🤖Our company contributes into open source https://github.com/xing and lets the world know what we are doing (https://devblog.xing.com). We organize public user groups and coding events locally. Check out our XING engineering blog at https://tech.xing.com/.
We contribute into open source https://github.com/xing and let the world know what we are doing (https://devblog.xing.com) and organize public user groups and coding events. Check out our XING engineering blog at https://tech.xing.com/
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions please let us know!