System Network Engineer (f/m/x) . Remote
- Full-time employee
As a technical company running a social network we operate our datacenters & network infrastructure on our own. Our System Engineers and Data Engineers work amongst other projects on bringing state-of-the-art technologies into production, maintaining the XING Platform and create highly scalable solutions that serve millions of users.
We are looking to welcome a “System Engineer Network” to join our Infrastructure & Cloud Services team as part of the Site Operations Department. The Infrastructure & Cloud Services team is responsible for delivering all infrastructure services including Networking, Compute, Storage & Cloud Services into the organisation. You will be working on our data center network in 2 co-locations, manage platform load balancers and ensure highest levels of network & perimeter security for the benefit of our users' privacy. You will be a sought-after colleague as your closest peers delivering Platform Services and Data Infrastructure Services are dependent on top of the line network performance & stability, on-prem and in the cloud.
Senior Network Engineer (f/m/x) . Remote
A challenging task
- Run and optimise the network infrastructure in our data centres
- Maintain and optimize our shared network services in AWS
- Ensure maximum availability and performance of the XING website by way of load balancing and smart routing
- Work on infrastructure automation with your team
- Perform monitoring, disaster recovery and network component support to ensure minimal downtime
- Perform troubleshooting duties and help your colleagues in the Operations team
- Participate in our on-call schedule
A convincing background
- BSc in information technology, computer sciences or comparable
- 5+ years experience in managing complex network environments
- You have in-depth experience with switches and routers; knowledge of Juniper (JunOS) would be of benefit
- You’re well-versed in configuring and running load balancers (experience with Citrix NetScaler would be great)
- You have sound knowledge of routing protocols and feel right at home with BGP configurations
- You should have previous experience with firewalls (e.g. Fortigates, Juniper SRX)
- Experience with relevant AWS technologies (Transit Gateway, Direct Connect, VPC)
- Some experience with other technologies such as IPSec, Anycast and Multicast
- You are highly familiar with Linux and operating large-scale servers
- Experience with configuration management systems like Ansible and Terraform
- Knowledge of technologies like VMware, Docker and Kubernetes would be of benefit
- Script programming skills (bash, ruby, python) are also welcome
- Proficient english language skills
- A positive mindset and the social skills to work in a highly international and distributed setup, and desire to learn and share your knowledge with your team
An inspiring environment
- Remote-friendly approach with options that can go up to 100% of your time - work from anywhere in Portugal.
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 19 million users
- Innovation/hack weeks
- Annual conference allowances, trainings, meetups and brownbag lunches throughout the year and if you want to speak at conferences, we'll support you at any way we can
- Many different events and initiatives just for fun
- Health Insurance for you and your kids
- An Employee Assistance Program to assist you with any personal or work-related problems that may impact your mental and emotional well-being
- 25 days of vacation per year + 3 days off (Carnival, Christmas eve and New Year’s eve)
- Sabbatical leave for a break from work
- A multicultural environment with colleagues from all over the world, with diverse backgrounds
- Free breakfast, organic fruit, drinks, snacks, newbies special lunches and much more
- English, German and Portuguese lessons
- Feeling sporty? Enjoy great gym deals, running club and other deals
- A mobile device for your private use (iPhone, iPad, Android, you choose!)
- A referral bonus for referring a friend
- You pet is more than welcome :)
- Competitive salary
We contribute into open source https://github.com/xing, we let the world know what we are doing (https://devblog.xing.com) and we like to organize public user groups and coding events. Check out our XING engineering blog at https://tech.xing.com/.
Your turn: If you think this position is right for you and that you can help us make XING big in Porto, we’d be delighted to talk to you. Simply apply below.
Not the right job for you? Don’t worry! You’re more than welcome to send us an unsolicited application!
If you have any questions please let us know!