Team Lead Software Engineering
- Full-time employee
- Manager (Manager/Supervisor)
XING provides advice and support to its more than 20 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Team Lead Engineering (m/f/d)
For years, XING has been one of the leading companies in building user-oriented digital products thanks to an organisation that embraces agile methods in and beyond the cross-functional product development teams. Thanks to our internal learning mindset, a variety of training courses, exchange with external partners as well as national and international experts, we pursue our vision: For a better working life.
A challenging task
- Lead and grow an engineering team of up to six engineers who work in cross-functional platform teams with focus on web-services and APIs built on Ruby on Rails/NodeJs and Frontend SPA built on React.
- Be a servant leader who manages dependencies and helps clear impediments out of your agile teams’ way
- Work closely with the Product Owner and your team to find effective technical solutions which get the job done and scale in speed, size, and extensibility.
- Motivate your team members as you support them to reach mastery in their skills and give them clear messages about their purpose and team identity
- Manage and control engineering resources to foster teams of high motivation and outcomes
- Hands-on and development passion to contribute to our products development.
A convincing background
- You have some experience leading a cross-functional teams; you have at least one year of experience in managing people in a software engineering environment.
- You have professional working background in software engineering, so you know what your staff faces in their daily lives and give high-level advice and stability.
- Developing, testing, releasing and monitoring software has been a focal point of your career and you do not shy away from deep diving into technical issues
- You are a trusted person and you understand people, you support them and can offer them tailored development paths that bring out their best
- You have a good sense of humor, an unpretentiousness and humbleness towards other people and are eager to work in a multicultural environment.
- You can communicate openly and clearly in English.
An inspiring environment
Check our Twitter account! https://twitter.com/NewWork_es
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
- Innovation weeks (Hackweeks)
- Flexible working hours and remote flexibility
- Restaurant tickets, coffee and snacks.
- Spanish / English/ Portuguese / German lessons.
- A mobile device of your choice (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets
- Extended holidays
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Bicycle park and package reception
- Relocation pack if needed.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions please let us know!