UX/UI Designer (m/f/x)
- Full-time employee
UX/UI DESIGNER (m/f/x)
Prescreen is one of the fastest-growing HR tech startups in the German-speaking world. Located in the heart of Europe, the beautiful Vienna, we are working with HR departments all over the planet to make recruitment easier and improve the candidate experience. Together with our parent company New Work SE (XING) — the leading professional network in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland — we share one mission: enabling companies to hire the best.
We are looking for a UX/UI Designer to join and extend our amazing Product Development team. We at Prescreen are solving the actual problems of real users at the right time by developing state of the art products. As a UX/UI Designer you will shape the Prescreen user experience across all our products. You will have real impact for our users, based on direct user feedback and close collaboration with Tech/Product/Business stakeholders Your goal is to design smart interface solutions for highly complex use cases – from introducing the employer branding to our career pages through optimizing the conversion rate in the application process till designing the in-app onboarding scenarios. You’re thrilled? So are we!
A challenging task:
- You will conduct usability tests and user interviews, apply design thinking principles to come up with solutions our users will love. In this role, you will be focusing on UI Design (usability, wireframing, working closely with Frontend).
- You will develop and maintain clickable prototypes and final designs for our responsive web app based on user flows, mockups and specifications you will work out in close collaboration with the product owner.
- You will ensure design consistency across all parts of the product and constantly refine Prescreen’s design language.
- You will continuously challenge the status quo and suggest optimizations from design and user perspective.
- You will work closely with developers in an agile environment and ensure the build matches the visual design.
A convincing background:
- You have a degree in design or a related field – or you are a career changer with extensive relevant experience.
- You already have 2+ years of professional experience as a UI/UX Designer, focusing on Interaction Design, ideally for a SaaS and/or platform/marketplace product.
- You are constantly striving to refine your design concepts through user feedback and research, understanding our users’ struggles, needs, and motivations.
- You are a proactive and responsible team player and never make a design decision without considering the impact on the overall experience.
- You have strong communication skills and can always explain the rationale behind your design decisions, while also being receptive to constructive criticism.
- You have experience with the entire product design cycle, from research, to wireframes, to mockups, to prototypes, through to the final design and implementation.
- Proficient in tools such as Adobe XD (currently used by our team) or Sketch or other prototyping tools.
- You have acquired a basic knowledge of app/web technologies, design systems, usability and user research as well as agile development methods.
- Your profile is rounded out by a good level of both German and English.
An inspiring environment:
- A permanent contract for full-time employment.
- Flexible working hours and a possibility to work from your home office.
- 6 weeks of vacation.
- Office in the heart of Vienna: Haus am Schottentor in the 1st district (U2 Schottentor).
- Mac or Dell Notebook - also for private use - and a "benefit mobile device"
- Free fruit, coffee, food vouchers and much more.
- The chance to work on a product that is used and loved by over 3000 companies in Europe.
- Ambitious and diverse team, living the values of openness, creativity and trust. You will always be able to bring in your ideas and take responsibility.
If this profile matches your expertise, experience and aspirations, we’d be delighted to receive your full application, including your design portfolio. Therefore, please attach your design portfolio to your application. Thank you very much!
For legal reasons we have to state the adequate salary for this position is from 45.000,- Euro gross. We do pay a competitive salary based on your experience and skills.