- Full-time employee
XING provides advice and support to its more than 18 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Android Developer (m/f/d)
XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world. Help us shape the future – for a better working life!
We currently have an opening for a Mobile Android Developer.
A challenging task
- You won’t just be writing code all day, you will play an active part in shaping our product.
- You will work in a mobile team with Android and iOS engineers, product management, QA and designers, in an Agile context. You have close cooperation with web and backend teams.
- You will be part of the overall XING community of Android developers, sharing best practices, knowledge, and code.
A convincing background
- API experience with HTTP, GraphQL and JSON, maybe even complemented by some backend experience.
- Proficient in Kotlin and Java.
- Proficient in Android frameworks, ideally also familiar with RxJava, Dagger.
- Solid understanding of algorithms, data structures and software development patterns. Familiarity (or at least curiosity) in functional programming will be a plus.
- Good understanding of the test pyramid principles to identify what kind of tests to write.
- You like to work in a team and you are dedicated to what you are doing.
- Ideally you have published your own app, contributed to an open source project, spoke at a conference and/or published blog posts.
- You are constantly evolving with the technology trends, and willing to embrace change.
- You are familiar with agile methodologies and enjoy working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge with other experts.
- You are fluent in English.
Our tech environment
- 100% Kotlin
- Mostly built in MVP, though we have some parts with a custom implementation of MVI.
- RxJava, Retrofit, Moshi are some of the technologies we are currently using.
- We use Github Pull Requests to do reviews.
- Unit testing, end to end testing (using Calabash) and UI testing (Espresso).
An inspiring environment
Check our Twitter account! https://twitter.com/NewWork_es
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
- Innovation weeks (Hackweeks)
- Flexible working hours and remote flexibility
- Restaurant tickets, coffee and snacks.
- Spanish / English/ German lessons.
- A mobile device of your choice as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets
- Extended holidays
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Bicycle park and package reception
- Relocation pack if needed.
If you have any questions please let us know!