Android Engineer (m/f/x)
- Full-time employee
XING provides advice and support to its more than 16 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Android Engineer (m/f/x)
Olá Porto! We opened a new tech office in beautiful Porto last year and we are looking for great people to join our team!
We have job openings in many roles to complement our growing team. For all open positions, we look for skilled & dedicated people who share our passion for building products that millions of users love.
At XING you will find a technology-driven environment in which your contributions matter and you are enabled to grow professionally. You’ll be part of an organization with almost 300 amazing developers and a healthy culture of learning from each other via pairing, communities of practice, joint hackweek projects etc. While most of our products focus on the German speaking regions, our development teams are collaborating from 6 offices across Europe and our working culture is international.
The challenge if you are up for it:
- You won’t just be writing code all day, you’ll play an active part in shaping our product.
- You work in close collaboration with product management, QA and designers, in an Agile context.
- You will be part of the overall XING community of Android developers, sharing best practices, knowledge, and code.
What we are looking for:
- Professional mobile and device programming experience
- API experience with HTTP, REST and JSON, maybe even complemented by some backend experience.
- Proficient in Java, and maybe even in Kotlin.
- Profound knowledge of the Android SDK.
- Ideally familiar with RxJava.
- Good understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- Knowledge about general software development patterns.
- You like to work in a team and you are dedicated to what you are doing.
- You are used to work with collaboration tools like Git, JIRA, Confluence, and Jenkins.
- Ideally you already published a great app, contributed to an open source project, spoke at a conference and/or published articles.
- Having experience with unit testing and/or automated testing frameworks would be a big plus.
- You are constantly evolving with the technology trends, and willing to embrace change.
- You are familiar with agile methodologies and enjoy working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge with other experts.
- You are fluent in English.
An inspiring environment:
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 14 million users.
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas await you.
- Innovation/hack weeks every few months where you can unleash your creativity and ideas.
- Real training and conferences.
- Health Insurance
- 25 days of vacation per year
- A multicultural environment with employees from all over the world.
- Free fruit, drinks, snacks and much more.
- English and German lessons.
- A mobile device for your private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- Competitive salary.
We contribute into open source (https://github.com/xing) and let the world know what we are doing (https://devblog.xing.com) and organize public user groups and coding events.
If you have any questions please let us know!