Backend Engineer - Payment & Billing Team (f/m/x)
- Full-time employee
New Work SE – for a better working life
We believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential. New Work SE offers a wide range of brands, products and services for a better working life. This not only makes individuals more satisfied and happier, it also makes companies more successful.
Backend Engineer - Ruby on Rails/ Elixir (f/m/x)
The international Payment & Billing team consists of business analysts, developers, and software test engineers. We closely work with product teams to put together sales models, provide the end-customer payment infrastructure and ensure a smooth billing process. We do this within a complex environment involving a number of internal and external technical interfaces where human collaboration is key to achieving success. Join our team and get involved in lots of exciting new projects.
A challenging task:
- Be part of our software development team in an agile environment.
- Discuss and implement innovative solutions closely with your team, our business analysts as well as internal and external partners.
- Develop in a high-risk area with sensitive data which goes beyond the scope of a standard Ruby on Rails application.
- Develop and maintain one of our applications in Elixir.
- Live the complete development cycle including writing automated tests, participating in code reviews and performing deployments.
- Work on scalable, high-availability services.
A convincing background:
- You care about the craft of software development and strive to build testable, predictable and simple code.
- You are able to write clean code in a Ruby on Rails environment.
- You are able to code in Elixir or willing to learn.
- You want to tackle the engineering challenges that come with building systems at scale (highly available, low latency and high throughput).
- You are curious and interested in learning new languages and frameworks.
- You have a good sense of humor and keep calm in difficult situations.
- You value transparency, honesty, and helping your team to grow.
What you can expect:
The New Work SE offers a dynamic environment. As well as flexible working hours, you’ll have an opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones. We offer a wide range of training courses in addition to German, English and Spanish lessons, regular team and offsite events, and lots of fun. We also provide free drinks and organic fruit as well as a ProfiTicket public transport ticket, restaurant vouchers and travel insurance. And let’s not forget the smartphone or iPad that you can use privately. You’ll also be provided with a high-end Macbook Pro, and our offices have table football tables. If you’re feeling really sporty, we also have great gym deals, and various other benefits….
If you have any questions please let us know!