BI Data Manager (m/f/x)
- Full-time employee
New Work SE – for a better working life
We believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential. NEW WORK SE offers a wide range of brands, products and services for a better working life. This not only makes individuals more satisfied and happier, it also makes companies more successful.
BI Data Manager (m/f/x)
Data is at the very core of NEW WORK to bring more value to our users and customers every day. In our central BI department, our Data Engineers work with various technologies such as MapR, Kubernetes, Docker, RabbitMQ/Kafka, ElasticSearch, Exasol, Talend, Microstrategy etc. to generate models and provide insights out of raw data. We collect large amounts of data constantly and process them end-to-end in order to measure the success of our business units and support them with their decision-making process.
Do you also love working with large amounts of data, addressing exciting business challenges to help others have a transparent view on their business? Do you enjoy working with/implementing various technologies, collecting data from various sources and automating & optimizing processes for end users? Then, you would feel like home here at our Business Intelligence Competence Center.
A challenging task
- Analysis and integration of new data sources. Development and optimization of ETL processes
- Developing and provisioning the data services/processes based on DWH and Data Lake for various use cases and supporting relevant stakeholders within the context of these services
- Establish an understanding of the existing data model (Single-Source-of-Truth) and relevant business processes and support the implementation and maintenance of the physical data models
- Maintain Data Warehouse and Data Lake on an operating-level (User/Role Management, Data Security, DB Optimization etc.) in close cooperation with System/DevOps Engineers for the system-level administration
- Establish process automation and maintain a transparent, well-documented solution catalog
- Maintain internal standards, processes and workflows for data management
- Technical analysis of requirements and guidance towards the development of current and future data workflows/pipelines (BI solutions) in/around Data Warehouse and Data Lake in close cooperation with BI Product&Project Managers, IT and relevant business /data owners
A convincing background
- Degree (BA and/or MSc) in computer science, informatics or relevant subjects in the direction of data processing/analytics and/or at least 3 years of work experience in similar role and/or environment
- Advanced knowledge/experience in building and maintaining complex and modern DWH architectures and Data Services/Pipelines (ETL)
- Advanced Database knowledge (some of the following or similar: Columnar - Exasol, Vertica; Relational - MySQL, NoSQL - HBase etc.)
- Knowledge in creating/optimizing relational and multidimensional physical data models (e.g. Star, Snowflake, 3NF, Data Vault)
- Advanced SQL-skills and fundamental knowledge of relevant development environments (UNIX, Windows) / tools (SQL Clients, Version Control Systems - Git, etc.)
- Knowledge/Experience in ETL tools (Any of the following or similar: Talend (preferred), Pentaho, Apache NiFi, Oracle DI, Informatica, etc.) and at least in one programming/scripting language such as Java/Scala, Python, Ruby, Perl or similar
- Willingness to work in a highly international team in an agile environment and cope with complex business/technical domains
- Fluent in English, German knowledge is a plus
- Most importantly, have fun…
An inspiring environment
New Work SE offers a dynamic environment. As well as flexible working hours, you’ll have an opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones. We offer a wide range of training courses in addition to German, English and Spanish lessons, regular team and offsite events, and lots of fun. We also provide free drinks and organic fruit as well as a ProfiTicket public transport ticket, restaurant vouchers and travel insurance. And let’s not forget the smartphone or iPad that you can use privately. You’ll also be provided with a high-end Macbook Pro, and our offices have table football tables. If you’re feeling really sporty, we also have great gym deals, and various other benefits….
If you have any questions please let us know!