Data Engineer (m/f/d)
- Full-time employee
We believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential. NEW WORK SE offers a wide range of brands, products and services for a better working life. This not only makes individuals more satisfied and happier, it also makes companies more successful.
Data Engineer (m/f/x)
With over 3.5 million reviews across 900.000 companies, kununu has become Europe's leading employer review platform.
We believe that every person - whether actively searching for a job or simply interested in improving their work life - should be able to give and get accurate, honest insights into companies and roles before walking in on day one.
We believe in empowering people to choose the right place to work.
We believe in workplace insights that matter.
We have job openings in many roles to complement our growing team. For all open positions, we look for skilled & dedicated people who share our passion for building products that millions of users love.
You will be working in a very friendly environment and be part of a well-motivated, multicultural, talented and growing team of Software Engineers, QAs, Data Scientists and Data Analysts, to help build and optimize our data-driven products, through research and experimentation.
BE BOLD &
The challenge if you are up for it
- You are responsible for data structures and data organization, both in the code and in the databases.
- You are at the forefront when it comes to optimizing queries and schemas.
- You stand for your own ideas and like to implement them with us.
- You love to constantly evaluate the latest technologies.
- You are responsible for the implementation of migration projects.
- You support our development team in the design and optimization of database queries and the database architecture.
- Collaborate with other teams and products to gather and aggregate high volumes of data, from different sources (APIs, internal DB, etc.)
What we are looking for
- You convince with your open-minded, dynamic nature and your skilful and disciplined work style.
- You know the inside of MySQL (or PostgreSQL) well and you love reading the MySQL Performance Blog for breakfast reading.
- You won't let go until the last 3 milliseconds are squeezed out of a query.
- You get things done, have a positive mindset, and are known as a motivated team player with good communication skills.
- Your analytical and structured approach distinguishes you particularly.
- You have already gained experience in software development (APIs).
- Names like Redis and Big Query are not unknown to you.
- Your profile is rounded off by your sense of humour and your fluent English skills.
- You have programmed using Python or Go and you make use of scripting even for automating you coffee machine.
- You pay attention to detail without losing sight of the goal, have a sense of ownership and pride in the quality of your work.
- You have a good sense of humour, an unpretentiousness and humbleness towards other people and are eager to work in a multicultural environment.
An inspiring environment
- The chance to work on a company that works towards workplace insights that matter, making software with love on Vienna, Boston, Porto and Berlin.
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas await you.
- Innovation/hack weeks every few months where you can unleash your creativity and ideas.
- Real training and conferences.
- 25 days of vacation per year
- A multicultural environment with employees from all over the world.
- Free fruit, drinks, snacks and much more.
- English and German lessons.
- A mobile device for your private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- Competitive salary.
We contribute into open source (https://github.com/kununu) and let the world know our insights (https://transparency.kununu.com/) and organize public user groups and coding events.
Your turn: If you think this position is right for you and that you can help us make XING big in Porto, we’d be delighted to talk to you. Simply send an Email with your contact information and a CV or link to an online-CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not the right job for you? Don’t worry! You’re more than welcome to send us an unsolicited application!
If you have any questions please let us know!