Data Engineer (m/f/d)
- Full-time employee
XING provides advice and support to its more than 18 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Data Engineer (m/f/d)
XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world. Help us shape the future of work – for a better working life!
As an expanding social network, with a focus on bringing value to our users, data is at core of every XING products. Our Data Engineers and Data Scientists work amongst other projects on bringing state-of-the-art algorithms into production, establishing our new A/B testing platform, and/or create highly scalable solutions that serve millions of users. From every-day decision-making to advanced machine-learning based products, XING has invested over the years into its data technology footprint, making use of technologies such as Hadoop (e.g. Hive, Spark), Kafka, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, etc. XING is now looking for a Data Engineer to join our B2B Team in Barcelona.
A challenging task
- Perform complex and intelligent analysis of XING’s data to identify new service and product opportunities
- Develop new and enhance algorithms and services using technologies such as Scala, Elasticsearch and Hadoop technologies (e.g. Hive)
- Support Product & UX teams providing data analysis.
- Support Dev teams implementing data services.
A convincing background
- Hands-on experience in analysing large datasets (e.g. with SQL, Hive, etc.)
- Experience in Elasticsearch.
- Programming skills, preferably in Scala and Python.
- Experience in AWS.
- Proficient English language skills (German is not required).
An inspiring environment
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- Regular innovation weeks
- Flexible working hours and some days “work from home”
- Restaurant tickets.
- A mobile device of your choice as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A sunny office located in the center of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets
- Extended holidays
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Bicycle park and package reception
- Large, highly distributed platform with over 16 million users.
- A variety of technologies and languages: Ruby on Rails, Node, Java, Scala, Elasticsearch, REST, React, AMQP, Linux, Hadoop, Riak, MongoDB, MySQL, Solr, iOS, Android, Backbone.js, Git, Jenkins…
- Relocation pack if needed.
If you have any questions please let us know!