- Full-time employee
XING provides advice and support to its more than 19 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Data Scientist (m/f/d)
Our team is responsible for turning data into services and products for the XING job section. As a Data Scientist you work closely together with Data Engineers bringing state-of-the-art algorithms into production.
This includes not only job recommendations and job search, but also company insights or salary predictions.
A challenging task
We are seeking a Data Scientist who can help us with the design and development of algorithms/models for our search and recommender services which are used by our more than 19 Million users. As a Data Scientist, your job does not stop after analysis and model development. Our Data Scientists also contribute to bringing their models to production, conducting A/B tests, continuously trying to improve our existing search and recommender services. They help to build up a platform that makes the development of new models and services more efficient and innovating and experimenting with our data assets to discover new services that may help our users.
- Design and implement new algorithms and Machine learning models for search and recommender services
- Contribute to the development of services, batch processes and stream processing components (using programming languages such as Scala, Python or SQL and technologies like Spark, Kafka, etc.) to ship algorithms to our end users
- Proactively analyze data assets (e.g. tracking data, profiles, job ads, etc.) and experiment to enhance existing services and create new services
- Design and implement components in a sustainable fashion (e.g. automating training of ML models; balance between complexity of models, computational costs, ease of use)
- Contribute to our Data Platform by developing reusable data sets, data processing components, utility functions, etc.
A convincing background
- MSc or higher degree in Computer Science, Math or similar discipline
- Hands-on experience in analyzing large datasets (e.g. with Python, Hive or similar) and developing Machine learning models
- Deep theoretical and practical knowledge about machine learning and problem domains related to information retrieval (e.g. recommender systems, search)
- Solid programming skills (preferably in Scala or Python) and motivation to develop sustainable components that have potential to live on for years
- Proficient English language skills (German is not required)
An inspiring environment
Check our Twitter account! https://twitter.com/NewWork_es
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
- Good isn't enough? tell us what we can change - we're willing to take risks.
- Innovation weeks (Hackweeks)
- Home office? New working models? Flexible working hours? You've come to the right place!
- Restaurant tickets, coffee and snacks.
- Spanish / English/ German lessons.
- A mobile device of your choice (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets
- Extended holidays
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Bicycle park and package reception
- Relocation pack if needed.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
If you have any questions please let us know!