Engineering Team Lead (m/f/x)
- Full-time employee
- Manager (Manager/Supervisor)
We are part of New Work SE and we believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential – for a better working life.
With over 3.5 million reviews across 900.000 companies, Kununu has become Europe's leading employer review platform.
We believe that every person - whether actively searching for a job or simply interested in improving their work life - should be able to give and get accurate, honest insights into companies and roles before walking in on day one.
We believe in empowering people to choose the right place to work.
We believe in workplace insights that matter.
A CHALLENGING TASK
- You will lead and inspire an engineering team of frontend and backend developer as well as QA-engineers.
- You will drive your team members development and enable them to evolve their skills by living the company leadership principles.
- You will act as a guide for the team to ensure that technical interests are preserved.
- You will be responsible for high code quality, delivering high quality product features as well as the team’s effectiveness and output quality.
- You will facilitate communication and coordination with external teams and coordinate technical projects.
- You will be responsible that the team is able to reach their sprint goals.
- You will concept, design and find technical solutions to product requirements while ensuring the quality and sustainability of the technical solutions implemented by your team.
- You will implement code and have a hands-on approach on driving the architecture of our products. Active coding and development should make part of your allocated time, although you have the freedom to decide how much and how.
A CONVINCING BACKGROUND
- You are a technical leader with at least 1 year of experience in managing people within an agile software engineering environment.
- You have a professional working background in agile software engineering, so you’re aware of the technical challenges your staff faces in their daily work and provide high-level advice and stability.
- You have both a strong theoretical and practical foundation in at least one modern object-oriented programming language and you are interested in current engineering technologies. Ideally, you have a track record as an experienced Backend, Frontend or QA engineer.
- You are an open minded, positive, pragmatic and solution-oriented person with a focus on goals and outcomes.
- You constantly strive to learn and improve yourself as well as the company and its products.
- You like to go the extra mile and think outside the box in order to deliver a good solution.
- You can communicate openly and clearly in English - German is a plus
AN INSPIRING ENVIRONMENT
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 16 million users.
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas await you.
- Innovation/hack weeks every few months where you can unleash your creativity and ideas.
- Annual conference allowances, regular trainings, meetups and brownbag lunches throughout the year, as well as the opportunity to speak at conferences - we'll support you where we can
- Health Insurance
- An Employee Assistance Program to help you with all kinds of personal topics, to ensure you have the support for a better working life
- 25 days of vacation per year + 2 days off (Christmas eve and New Year’s eve)
- A multicultural environment with employees from all over the world, who have various technology backgrounds
- Free breakfast, fruit, drinks, snacks and much more.
- English, German and Portuguese lessons.
- A mobile device for your private use (iPhone, iPad, Android, you choose!).
- Competitive salary.
We contribute into open source (https://github.com/xing) and let the world know what we are doing (https://devblog.xing.com) and organize public user groups and coding events. Check out our XING engineering blog at https://tech.xing.com/.
Your turn: If you think this position is right for you and that you can help us make XING big in Porto, we’d be delighted to talk to you. Simply apply!
Not the right job for you? Don’t worry! You’re more than welcome to send us an unsolicited application!