- Full-time employee
Frontend Engineer (m/f/x)
Prescreen is one of the fastest-growing HR tech startups in the German-speaking world. Located in the heart of Europe, the beautiful Vienna, we are working with HR departments all over the planet to make recruitment easier and improve the candidate experience. Together with our parent company XING (New Work SE) — the leading professional network in Germany, Austria, and Switzerland — we share one mission: enabling companies to hire the best.
We are looking for a Frontend Engineer to help our team to grow and excel at what we do best: build applications that work. At Prescreen, you have the opportunity to work with a state of the art tech stack (Vue.js), contribute with your own ideas and bring them to life and a team that’s consistently growing. Our Frontend guild stands out for their passion towards their work and for having fun while doing what they really like.
A challenging task:
- You will design and develop sustainable, future-oriented solutions with our frontend stack (Vue.js, TypeScript, webpack) in our agile development team.
- You will skillfully and cleverly apply suitable technologies. You work closely together with your teammates, product owners and other stakeholders (Product/Design Team, Customer Support, Sales, office dogs ...).
- Your tasks include creating brand new features as well as maintaining and optimizing existing functionalities with a strong focus on performance, stability and usability.
- You will work in an awesome and professional cross-functional team within a highly respectful, humorous and passionated environment. By the way: professional means to us that we are supportive in working together, eager to learn and do not shy away from taking over responsibility.
A convincing background:
- You are up to date with the latest standards of frontend-technologies and -frameworks (preferably using Vue.js).
- You are not only not afraid to write your own HTML and (s)CSS, but you have solid knowledge in structuring your markup semantically and contain your styles to where they belong.
- You are familiar with the principles of performant, optimized and responsive websites.
- You have a cross functional mindset and are motivated to also dive into other domains like devops, testing, design, UX or backend development.
- Packaging (npm, yarn) and code versioning with git are not new to you.
- It is important for you to understand design concepts and translate them into a well-made frontend.
- You're into agile methodologies and enjoy working as a team player in a feedback appreciated environment that is focused on achieving goals together.
- You are fluent in English. German is a plus.
An inspiring environment
- We offer you the opportunity to be part of a fast paced working environment that stands out for its growth mindset and human-centred way of working together.
- At Prescreen, you will find 30 days of vacation per year.
- With us, you have the chance to work on a product that is used and loved by over 1000 companies in Europe.
- We offer a permanent contract for full-time employment and we invest heavily into employee development (which is also reflected in the training budgets).
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas await you.
- Being part of the New Work SE (XING, kununu, honeypot etc.) enables us to offer career opportunities within the whole organisation.
- Our start-up spirit is not only reflected in free fruit, coffee, and a monthly breakfast, but also when it comes to valuing team success over individual achievement and celebrating achievements together on a regular basis.
- In summer 2021, we are going to move into a brand new office with our sister companies (Haus am Schottentor). Currently, we work in a 100 % remote setting and also the hiring process will take place online only.
- For legal reasons we have to state that the minimum salary for this position is 42.000 Euro gross. We do pay a competitive salary based on your experience and skills.