Frontend Engineers (m/f/x)
- Full-time employee
New Work SE – for a better working life
We believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential. NEW WORK SE offers a wide range of brands, products and services for a better working life. This not only makes individuals more satisfied and happier, it also makes companies more successful.
Frontend Engineers (m/f/x)
XING, a New Work SE subsidiary, is the leading online business network in German-speaking countries and supports its 16.5 million members in working in line with their way of life and individual preferences. Professionals from every industry connect with one another, look and apply for jobs, and seek inspiration about the latest trends in the world of work. Thanks to the broad news portfolio, XING members can keep their finger on the pulse and discuss the latest developments..
As an expanding social network, with a focus on bringing value to our customers, the frontend is the visual interface between XING and its users. All of our frontend applications are using a tech stack that is based on React and an internally built open source framework called Hops, that enables in-browser and server side rendering including routing, state management and communication with our backends. For this we are leveraging either Redux or Apollo GraphQL.
XING is now looking to welcome talented frontend engineers at all levels (from junior to senior) to join our 300 highly skilled, deeply motivated and dedicated engineers and product developers throughout our various locations in Europe (Hamburg, Barcelona, Valencia, Porto, etc.), sharing a healthy culture of learning from each other via pairing, communities of practice, joint hackweek projects etc.
A challenging task
- You’ll be creating and improving reusable components in our React based frontend stack
- You will be responsible for structure, maintainability and quality of your applications
- You have web performance in mind and drive this topic through tooling and consultancy
- You work closely together with your team of fellow developers, product owners, designers and QA engineers
- You collaborate with other teams in XING's frontend ecosystem
- You have the great opportunity to work in an international, cross-functional environment (communicating in English, German is not required)
A convincing background
- Knowledge (at junior level) or solid experience (at senior level) with the React library
- An eye for proportion and usability
- Experience in unit testing frontend applications
- You are a team player, used to work in agile environments
- You know your qualities, share them with your team and are happy to further develop yourself
- You can comprehensively communicate on a technical level and speak english fluently in written and spoken language
An inspiring environment
New Work SE offers a dynamic environment. Besides flexible working hours and some days to “work from home”, you will have an opportunity to extend your skills and acquire new ones. We offer a wide range of training courses from technical ramp-up to foreign language lessons, regular team and offsite events, access to conferences, and lots of fun. You will work in a multicultural and international environment (XING employees come from more than 30 different countries), with people speaking English, German, Spanish, Arabic etc., but also Ruby on Rails, Elixir, Go, Java, Scala, Python, Kotlin and so on. If you like technology, you will feel at home with us!
We also provide free drinks and organic fruit as well as public transport ticket, restaurant vouchers and travel insurance. And let us not forget the smartphone or iPad that you can use privately. You will also be provided with a high-end MacBook Pro, and our offices have table football tables. If you are feeling really sporty, we also have great gym deals, and various other benefits.
Check out our XING engineering blog at https://tech.xing.com/
If you have any questions please let us know!