Fullstack Engineer – Payment & Billing (f/m/x)
- Full-time employee
XING provides advice and support to its more than 18 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Fullstack Engineer (f/m/x) – Payment & BillingOlá Porto! We opened a new tech office in beautiful Porto two years ago and we are looking for great people to join our team!
We have job openings in many roles to complement our growing team. For all open positions, we look for skilled & dedicated people who share our passion for building products that millions of users love.
At XING, a New Work SE subsidiary, you will find a technology-driven environment in which your contributions matter and you are enabled to grow professionally. You’ll be part of an organization with almost 300 amazing developers and a healthy culture of learning from each other via pairing, communities of practice, joint hackweek projects etc. While most of our products focus on the German speaking regions, our development teams are collaborating from 6 offices across Europe and our working culture is international.
A challenging task:
- As a Full-Stack Developer your activities consist of programming and testing our application
- You will discuss and implement innovative solutions closely with your team and business analysts as well as internal and external partners
- You build and maintain the back-end and integrate this with the front-end
- You will specify what is needed in the back-end and build these functionalities
- You will tackle engineering challenges that come with building scalable systems (highly availability, low latency and high throughput)
- You will be working in an agile team with a focus on sharing knowledge with your colleagues sitting next to you or on the other side of Europe
A convincing background:
- Experience with developing and maintaining applications in Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge of React
- Experience working with both front-end and back-end development
- Experience with building scalable systems
- Effective communication with technical and non-technical people
- Enthusiasm for taking complex problems and simplifying them for end users
- Attention to detail; you believe a job worth doing is worth doing right
- Demonstrable pragmatism; a commitment to getting things done while understanding the tradeoffs being made
- You are familiar with agile methodologies and enjoy working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge with other experts.
- You are fluent in English.
An inspiring environment:
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 16 million users.
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas await you.
- Innovation/hack weeks every few months where you can unleash your creativity and ideas.
- Annual conference allowances, regular trainings, meetups and brownbag lunches throughout the year, as well as the opportunity to speak at conferences - we'll support you where we can
- Health Insurance
- An Employee Assistance Program to help you with all kinds of personal topics, to ensure you have the support for a better working life
- 25 days of vacation per year + 2 days off (Christmas eve and New Year’s eve)
- A multicultural environment with employees from all over the world, who have various technology backgrounds
- Free breakfast, fruit, drinks, snacks and much more.
- English, German and Portuguese lessons.
- A mobile device for your private use (iPhone, iPad, Android, you choose!).
- Competitive salary.
We contribute into open source https://github.com/xing and let the world know what we are doing (https://devblog.xing.com) and organize public user groups and coding events. Check out our XING engineering blog at https://tech.xing.com/.
Your turn: If you think this position is right for you and that you can help us make XING big in Porto, we’d be delighted to talk to you. Simply apply below.
Not the right job for you? Don’t worry! You’re more than welcome to send us an unsolicited application!
If you have any questions please let us know!