- Full-time employee
XING provides advice and support to its more than 16 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
iOS Developer (m/f/d)
At XING Events located in Munich and Barcelona we are responsible for the events and communities part of the XING social network. Our goal is to create valuable experiences for our users by engaging with other users, either in an offline event or meeting, or in one of our many online communities. For that we are offering e.g. the events market (xing.com/events), the communities (xing.com/communities) and also an online event ticketing solution (en.xing-events.com/our-services/ticketing). We are a XING SE subsidiary currently employing around 100 people. Always keeping our vision in mind: “For people moments that matter”.
In our Barcelona office, we are looking for an experienced and passionate iOS developer to be part of a new engineering team. Within the XING iOS app, you will work on existing and new products that engage users to communicate offline and online.
A challenging task
- This is a hands-on position: you'll help to develop, integrate, maintain and monitor exciting new features in our apps. This will enable you to get to know our platform and further develop your technical skills
- You'll ensure the delivery of high-quality software by writing clean code and doing pair programming, unit testing, UI automation, code reviews, etc.
- You'll help us improve our development and delivery process and influence the technical direction of the team. You'll also have ample opportunity to impress us with your ideas
- In preparing the iOS app releases, you'll cooperate with other agile teams that also contribute to delivering the latest updates to an increasing number of users
A convincing background
- Du verfügst über ein erfolgreich abgeschlossenes zahlenbezogenes Studium (BWL, VWL, Wirtschaftsinformatik, Mathematik oder Statistik).
- You have a test-driven development mindset, and strive for building testable, predictable and simple code. You are familiar with testing frameworks (for example XCtest, UITest, Calabash)
- Proficient in Swift, and also deep understanding of Objective-C
- Working with general software development patterns, clean code and architecture comes naturally to you
- You are comfortable working in distributed team setups
- You are into agile methodologies and enjoy working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge
- You are a team player in a feedback appreciated environment; you know your qualities, share them with your team and are happy to further develop yourself.
- You get things done, have a positive mindset, and are known as a motivated team player with good communication skills in English.
- You are culturally open – XING employees come from more than 30 different countries that bring their collective experiences and culture to work every day. We value each and every person for who they are.
- It is nice to have, if you have published your own app, contributed to an open source project, spoke at a conference and/or published blog posts. If so, please include those in your application.
- Ideally, you have been applying important aspects of functional programming concepts (immutability, higher order functions, to name a few) in your daily practices or are curious about learning those.
- Curious about new iOS trends such as Swift UI and willing to adopt them.
An inspiring environment
- Training, conferences and many opportunities to learn, experiment and grow.
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- Regular innovation weeks
- Flexible working hours and some days “work from home”
- Restaurant tickets, fresh fruit, coffee, snacks and much more.
- Spanish / English/ German lessons.
- A mobile device of your choice as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets
- Extended holidays
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Bicycle park and package reception
- Large, highly distributed platform with over 14 million users.
- A variety of technologies and languages: Perl, Ruby on Rails, Java, Scala, Elasticsearch, REST, React, AMQP, Linux, Hadoop, Riak, MongoDB, MySQL, Solr, iOS, Android, Backbone.js, Git, Jenkins…
- Relocation pack if needed.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
We're an Open Source contributor (https://github.com/xing) and we also organise public user groups and coding events, such as Ruby on Rails and other Tech Meetups.
Check our Twitter account! @xing_esp
If you have any questions please let us know!