iOS Engineer (m/f/x)
- Full-time employee
New Work SE – for a better working life
We believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential. New Work SE offers a wide range of brands, products and services for a better working life. This not only makes individuals more satisfied and happier, it also makes companies more successful.
iOS Engineer (m/f/x)
XING, a New Work SE subsidiary, is the leading online business network in German-speaking countries and supports its 16.5 million members in working in line with their way of life and individual preferences. Professionals from every industry connect with one another, look and apply for jobs, and seek inspiration about the latest trends in the world of work. Thanks to the broad news portfolio, XING members can keep their finger on the pulse and discuss the latest developments.
A challenging task
- You will work in a cross-functional, professional, distributed team of backend, React/iOS/Android/QA engineers, designers and product owners in a highly dynamic and agile development environment.
- You will be part of the overall XING community of iOS developers, sharing best practices, knowledge, and code to the main XING application.
- You will be working with your fellow backend engineers to shape the APIs, design GraphQL schemas when needed.
- You will be contributing to the XING design system components.
A convincing background
- You have a test-driven development mindset, and strive for building testable, predictable and simple code.
- You have experience in Swift and Objective-C and have been building iOS applications.
- Ideally, you have been applying important aspects of functional programming concepts (immutability, higher order functions, to name a few) in your daily practices or are curious about learning those.
- You are comfortable working in distributed team setups.
- You are into agile methodologies and enjoy working in teams with a focus on sharing knowledge.
- You are a team player in a feedback appreciated environment; you know your qualities, share them with your team and are happy to further develop yourself.
- You have a positive mindset and the people skills to work with fellow engineers as well as other stakeholders from other disciplines.
- You get things done, have a positive mindset, and are known as a motivated team player with good communication skills in English.
- You have a good sense of humor, an unpretentiousness and humbleness towards other people.
- You are culturally open – XING employees come from more than 30 different countries that bring their collective experiences and culture to work every day. We value each and every person for who they are.
- It is nice to have, if you have published your own app, contributed to an open source project, spoke at a conference and/or published blog posts. If so, please include those in your application.
An inspiring environment
The New Work SE offers a dynamic environment. As well as flexible working hours, you’ll have an opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones. We offer a wide range of training courses in addition to German, English and Spanish lessons, regular team and offsite events, and lots of fun. We also provide free drinks and organic fruit as well as a ProfiTicket public transport ticket, restaurant vouchers and travel insurance. And let’s not forget the smartphone or iPad that you can use privately. You’ll also be provided with a high-end Macbook Pro, and our offices have table football tables. If you’re feeling really sporty, we also have great gym deals, and various other benefits….
If you have any questions please let us know!