Junior BI DevOps Engineer (m/f/x)
- Full-time employee
- Entry Level
New Work SE – for a better working life
We believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential. NEW WORK SE offers a wide range of brands, products and services for a better working life. This not only makes individuals more satisfied and happier, it also makes companies more successful.
Junior BI DevOps Engineer (m/f/x)
Data is at the very core of NEW WORK to bring more value to our users and customers every day. In our central BI department, our DevOps Engineers work on various technologies such as MapR, Kubernetes, Docker, RabbitMQ/Kafka, ElasticSearch, Exasol, Talend, Microstrategy etc. to ensure a sustainable, scalable and performant BI/Analytics architecture. We collect large amounts of data constantly and process them end-to-end in order to measure the success of our business units and support them with their decision-making process.
Do you also love working with large amounts of data, addressing exciting business challenges to help others have a transparent view on their business? Do you enjoy working with/implementing various technologies, collecting data from various sources and automating & optimizing processes for end users? Then, you would feel like home here at our Business Intelligence Competence Center.
A challenging task
- Develop, deploy and maintain solid BI system components / software to deliver additional value to our stakeholders or increase the productivity of the BICC team and quality of the BI solutions
- Implement automated processes in order to increase the efficiency of existing BI / Analytics processes
- Operate and optimize parts of the BI systems on system level (servers, filesystems, databases, etc.) and monitor system performance
- Execute maintenance tasks incl. software / hardware update/upgrade and release planning
- Keep learning (relevant) new technologies and communicate your findings/learnings to the team
- Document all solutions and processes in a detailed and understandable way
A convincing background
- Degree (BA/BSc and/or MSc) in computer science, informatics or relevant subjects in the direction of system engineering, distributed systems, programming
- Basic knowledge in some of the following: Big Data technologies, Databases (RDBMS, CDBMS, NoSQL), Distributed storage systems and execution engines (MapR, Cloudera, Hadoop, ElasticSearch, HBase, Hive, Spark, Drill, Presto)
- Basic Knowledge/experience in at least one of the programming languages such as Java, Scala, Python, Ruby, C++ or similar, Query languages - SQL and variations, Version Control Systems such as Git
- Knowledge in CI/CD Systems such as Jenkins; monitoring/alerting systems such as Kibana, Grafana, Icinga etc. is a plus
- Strong analytical skills and a mindset to collaboratively work with/support other colleagues
- Willingness to work in a highly international team in an agile environment
- Fluent in English, German knowledge is a plus
- Most importantly, have fun…
An inspiring environment
New Work SE offers a dynamic environment. As well as flexible working hours, you’ll have an opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones. We offer a wide range of training courses in addition to German, English and Spanish lessons, regular team and offsite events, and lots of fun. We also provide free drinks and organic fruit as well as a ProfiTicket public transport ticket, restaurant vouchers and travel insurance. And let’s not forget the smartphone or iPad that you can use privately. You’ll also be provided with a high-end Macbook Pro, and our offices have table football tables. If you’re feeling really sporty, we also have great gym deals, and various other benefits….
If you have any questions please let us know!