Security Engineer (f/m/x)
- Full-time employee
XING provides advice and support to its more than 18 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Security Engineer (f/m/x)
XING, a New Work SE subsidiary, is the leading online business network in German-speaking countries and supports its 18 million members in working in line with their way of life and individual preferences. Professionals from every industry connect with one another, look and apply for jobs, and seek inspiration about the latest trends in the world of work. Thanks to the broad news portfolio, XING members can keep their finger on the pulse and discuss the latest developments.
A challenging task
- You have a proven track record of working on software projects and are able to learn modern technologies quickly. As part of our team, you'll e.g. develop APIs for logging, monitoring and alerting, and you'll develop internal applications to be used in security research.
- Our team conducts risk dialogues with product development and operations teams. During such dialogues, you're able to identify and explain risks and their mitigation throughout the software lifecycle. You can convince others by offering pragmatic solutions, even when faced with situations that are less than ideal.
- Your task is to find vulnerabilities. Here, you've already developed a professional, ethical and responsible approach to communicate your findings.
A convincing background
- You have a degree in Computer Science or other similar field.
- It is essential for you to have close ties with the security community, e.g. by taking part in CTFs and bug bounty schemes.
- New Work is a business network with millions of users, mainly in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. As a result, you need to have a thorough understanding of the EU GDPR and a clear focus on both data protection and privacy.
- As the main security team is located in Germany, you'll need to work with your team remotely. To this end, you'll need excellent communication skills and can convey the results of your work coherently and concisely.
- Fluency in English.
An inspiring environment
- The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 16 million users.
- Varied tasks, uncomplicated interactions with your colleagues as well as many opportunities to bring in your own ideas await you.
- Innovation/hack weeks every few months where you can unleash your creativity and ideas.
- Annual conference allowances, regular trainings, meetups and brownbag lunches throughout the year, as well as the opportunity to speak at conferences - we'll support you where we can
- Health Insurance
- An Employee Assistance Program to help you with all kinds of personal topics, to ensure you have the support for a better working life
- 25 days of vacation per year + 2 days off (Christmas eve and New Year’s eve)
- A multicultural environment with employees from all over the world, who have various technology backgrounds
- Free breakfast, fruit, drinks, snacks and much more.
- English, German and Portuguese lessons.
- A mobile device for your private use (iPhone, iPad, Android, you choose!).
- Competitive salary.
We contribute into open source (https://github.com/xing) and let the world know what we are doing (https://devblog.xing.com) and organize public user groups and coding events. Check out our XING engineering blog at https://tech.xing.com/.
Your turn: If you think this position is right for you and that you can help us make XING big in Porto, we’d be delighted to talk to you. Simply apply at apply!
If you have any questions please let us know!