(Senior) Data Engineer (m/f/x)
- Full-time employee
New Work SE – for a better working life
We believe in a world of work where people can find their true self and achieve their full potential. NEW WORK SE offers a wide range of brands, products and services for a better working life. This not only makes individuals more satisfied and happier, it also makes companies more successful.
(Senior) Data Engineer (m/f/x)
XING Marketing Solutions, a New Work SE subsidiary, offers modern ad formats companies can use to promote their business within a professional environment.
XING’s Marketing Solutions unit is responsible for turning data into services and products. Data scientists, architects and engineers across different units within XING work together to create highly scalable solutions that serve about 15 million users. We work with the latest technologies in a highly international environment. Currently the Marketing Solutions unit develops and maintains a self-booking advertisement solution and implements exciting new advertising formats.
A challenging task
- Support our Marketing Solutions unit as a Data Engineer (intermediate to senior level) focused on the development of our Scala-based ad delivery system for native advertisement on XING.
- Work closely with our Data Science team to solve challenges in the advertising domain – such as optimizing our CTR predictions – and build reliable and efficient backend services for our platform.
- Implement your solutions using Scala and get in touch with technologies such as Play, Akka, Hadoop, and Kafka.
- You will also be working alongside several other technologies like Ruby On Rails, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL.
A convincing background
- You are passionate about programming and software architecture and want to develop yourself as an engineer.
- You have a solid understanding of fundamental computer science concepts and can reason about algorithms and data structures.
- You are already an expert in hands-on programming with Scala. Experience with Ruby on Rails is a plus.
- You have experience in engineering solutions in the field of machine learning.
- You have very good knowledge of SQL.
- You speak fluent English (German is not required).
- A positive mind-set and the social skills to work with various people in various positions.
- You like to laugh. Daily. Multiple times.
An inspiring environment
New Work SE offers a dynamic environment. As well as flexible working hours, you’ll have an opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones. We offer a wide range of training courses in addition to German, English and Spanish lessons, regular team and offsite events, and lots of fun. We also provide free drinks and organic fruit as well as a ProfiTicket public transport ticket, restaurant vouchers and travel insurance. And let’s not forget the smartphone or iPad that you can use privately. You’ll also be provided with a high-end Macbook Pro, and our offices have table football tables. If you’re feeling really sporty, we also have great gym deals, and various other benefits….
If you have any questions please let us know!