Senior Data Scientist
- Full-time employee
XING provides advice and support to its more than 18 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
Data Scientist (m/f/d)
XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world. Help us shape the future – for a better working life! We currently have an opening for a Software Engineer in Spain. At XING Spain, we are responsible for the development of all XING's E-Recruitment offerings, including our flagship recruitment product the XING Talent Manager or new innovative products, such as the XING Referral Manager. These define the social recruiting market in the German speaking area with high relevance and transparency for the jobseeker. The combination of E-Recruiting and Social Networking is an exciting emerging market. We are seeking a Data Scientist who helps with designing algorithms/models and implementing these algorithms/models into production services. If you want to get things done rather than sit in meetings, like helping others and learning from them, you will have fun in our team!
A challenging task
- Solve challenging problems in the context of search, recommender systems and machine learning
- Perform analyses on massive amounts of data and build scalable machine learning models, ranking algorithms and help automating machine learning processes
- Develop new and enhance algorithms and services using technologies such as Scala, elasticsearch, and Hadoop technologies (e.g. Hive, MapReduce)
A convincing background
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science or similar discipline
- Hands-on experience in analyzing large datasets (e.g. with SQL, Python, R, Hive, etc.)
- Theoretical and practical knowledge in information retrieval or machine learning
- Practical working experience in implementing (scalable) models and algorithms which process large datasets
- Programming skills, preferably in Scala or Python.
- Proficient English language skills (German is not required)
An inspiring environment
- A great, multicultural and diverse environment.
- Flexible working hours and some days “work from home”.
- Restaurant tickets.
- A mobile device of your choice as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
- A sunny office located in the center of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
- Flexible Compensation Plan: Health insurance/ Transport/ Nursery Tickets
- Extended holidays
- Competitive salary and a Permanent contract
- Bicycle park and package reception
- Large, highly distributed platform with over 18 million users.
- A variety of technologies and languages: Ruby on Rails, Node, Java, Scala, Elasticsearch, REST, React, AMQP, Linux, Hadoop, Riak, MongoDB, MySQL, Solr, iOS, Android, Backbone.js, Git, Jenkins…
- Relocation pack if needed.
If you have any questions please let us know!